TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AZ road racer project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2016 at 2:19pm
So the girl finally got primed as I rush to beat the end of the season in AZ.  Following Asif's advice to avoid clearance issues as the car gets lower, I chopped the fender channels and a bit off the spring mount as well as a few other internal finishing touches as I've been getting the body work done and ready for primer.  Hope to get her sanded down for paint by next weekend.  Weather has been perfect and the holiday visitors have departed giving me time to get back on this project...

Edited by Javelin74 - Mar/08/2016 at 11:14am
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2016 at 7:13pm
That's going to be one awesome looking racer!  I used to race SCCA in Phoenix back in the 90s, and the Randall Javelin would show up every now and then.  I always wanted a humpster racer, but then again, I want just about every cool AMC car I see.  Your blue humpster looks pretty nice too!

Edited by CamJam - Feb/15/2016 at 7:18pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2016 at 1:00pm
Well, it's taken a long time but I finally got to the rewarding part of seeing some color on the car and getting a few of the bits bolted back on...

It was also nice to see the girls parked next to each other in full color.

Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2016 at 6:06pm
that is pretty!
Ant View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 9:50pm
Just saw your Facebook update
73 AMX project 401 stroker, t-56 mag
Full-time machinist
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2016 at 10:07pm
Time to throw in the rest of the roll bar padding, get some plates on it and start tuning...fingers crossed!

I blew through the orange in a few spots rushing the sanding project and I had a few runs to fix.  Gonna have to do a little touch up, but that's obviously low priority at this point.  Time to have some fun!!!

MD Racer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MD Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2016 at 10:30pm
Nice toys!
1971 Javelin
1971 Javelin SST
1971 Javelin AMX
butz_o7 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butz_o7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2016 at 11:55am
Hey Javelin74,
First your car looks Awesome!! I'm building a 71 Javelin on the same lines as you, and I'm looking to order rims and tires. I have the Control Freak IFS set up for the front and rear. I would like to do 17x9 front and 17x11 rear. Do you think that is possible with the same off sets that you are running? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2016 at 12:12pm
Thanks, Matt! You should tap Asif ("AsifNYC", also check out his website you should be able to find by googling his name) about the Control Freak set up. He runs the IFS front, although he's done a few mods. He can probably guide you better on the front end since mine is basically boxed stock arms and uprights. As for space, 9" should work but you'll need to check with Asif about the backspacing to be a little more sure.

I think he runs the Control Freak rear or has a custom built setup on the back, but the wheel spacing depends on the rearend and its length. 11 wide will fit on a 71 with no problem. I have that size wheel on my other 74 with 315's. Looks like they belong there. If you're running a stock AMC 20, I know you need a deeper dish in the wheel, which could limit what's readily available, but it is very doable.
butz_o7 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butz_o7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2016 at 12:15pm
Thank you. I'll try to touch base with him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
  Share Topic