TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ford roller rocker on an AMC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford roller rocker on an AMC?
    Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 6:34pm
Anyone know if the geometry is correct or close enough to use a small block ford 1.7 ratio rocker on an AMC v8? 
jeremy0711 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy0711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 8:37pm
I used the motorsports full aluminum rollers as I had them leftover from my Mustang days. They do work and that is what was used for a while in the past as the part numbers were actually the same piece. Some on here are saying scorpion rockers are true AMC geometry. I checked the lengths on my rockers and have minimal movement on the valve tips and all came out great. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you check your pushrod length so you aren't wearing out your valves and guides. I was considering doing this in the future if I want a bit more UMPH in the seat but I haven't checked to see how much it changes the lift.
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 8:58pm
Thanks, I figured they should be fine if as long as the push rod length is right like you said. I remember the Comp cams roller tip rockers used to say Ford and AMC. I am porting a set of 090 heads with 2.08/1.65 valves and already finished porting a torker so I may go with a set of 1.7 rockers depending on where the heads are flowing when done. The cam in the motor may need more lift to match up better with the new combo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic