TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

One piece axels for a SC/Rambler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbojav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One piece axels for a SC/Rambler
    Posted: Mar/30/2012 at 1:07pm

Just reading some posts about one piece axels it sounds like the old two piece axels must be sent in for measurements. Is this true in all cases or can you by axels specific to the car? Thanks in advance Ed

http://theamcforum.com/forum/uploads/769/th_CopyofphpVd9Cek_c2PM.jpg1969 SC/Rambler 34 Plymouth Streetrod 06 Daytona Charger
whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2012 at 2:23pm
Due to the many variations from the factory on AMC 20 axles/housings/track width/etc., and the potential that the housings have been swapped around over the past 40 years, Moser wants your axles to ensure they send you the right ones. I don't believe they will allow you to measure yours, either.
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2012 at 6:32pm
I had to send them mine. No problems and quick turnaround time.
bbojav View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbojav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2012 at 7:58pm
Thanks for your comments on the axels. Mine are being sent to Moser tommorro
http://theamcforum.com/forum/uploads/769/th_CopyofphpVd9Cek_c2PM.jpg1969 SC/Rambler 34 Plymouth Streetrod 06 Daytona Charger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic