TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC logo'd high quality parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by 68amx1 68amx1 wrote:

68 american dash pad.

I plan to contact the guy that did restorations on my pads.

What would you be willing to pay for one?
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
70javluvr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70javluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2012 at 8:59pm
70 Javelin dash parts and Grill.
70 Javelin Donohue Tribute car Sonic Silver/Shadow Mask/360/Custom Interior
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2012 at 9:05pm
Convertible top latches that fit and work well. They do not have a logo, but are specific to AMCs. I have had reproductions that do not fit well and are soft and prone to bending. I thought about  making them from a billet of stainless steel.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
danleym View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danleym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 8:29am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Even though I don't need them personally bumper end caps and the round side marker lights for Spirits/Eagles always seem to be in high demand.

Yes! I have some pretty decent originals, but even so, they're far from perfect. Also, the 3 piece plastic tray that sits between the rear bumper and the body on a Spirit. These are pretty much all dry and brittle, and it's pretty hard to find one with out a crack. Mine was perfect, then a friend that was helping me decided that my bumper looked like a good support to put all his weight one while he was getting up...Angry.
Hollis Danley
1980 Spirit, 258
2000 VW Jetta TDI
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 10:16am
The various versions of carb tags would sell well.
How about getting Seymour paints to make the first gen. blue engine paint (68 model)? 
A better version of the AMX headliners.
Turn signal and tilt levers.
Full body plug kits, the hard to find oval shaped one it the major offender.

Go Dan Go!!!!

SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 11:04am
I have a long list of things that we were unable to find - and we had to either save the old part and do our best to salvage it - or find something similar that would almost match - but realistically speaking - there probably isn't much demand for stuff for cars like mine.
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 11:04am
The early paint color is already out there from the AMC vendors and is the color on the engine in my 68 AMX.

Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 1:37pm
Just put a bunch of repopped parts up on amcmusclecars.com.  List pricing will be forthcoming but as always the more you buy the better the deal.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by danleym danleym wrote:

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Even though I don't need them personally bumper end caps and the round side marker lights for Spirits/Eagles always seem to be in high demand.

Yes! I have some pretty decent originals, but even so, they're far from perfect. Also, the 3 piece plastic tray that sits between the rear bumper and the body on a Spirit. These are pretty much all dry and brittle, and it's pretty hard to find one with out a crack. Mine was perfect, then a friend that was helping me decided that my bumper looked like a good support to put all his weight one while he was getting up...Angry.

I'll clarify this a bit -

Yes on the round markers for Spirits and Eagle Kammback and SX/4
I think I may have bought (after taking out a 3rd mortgage on the house) the last NOS pair in existence, although I have some really nice used ones that aren't cracked and brittle and shiny from the hairline cracks all over the surface. There were originally left and right, and if I recall, the lens IS different, even though the service replacement was to cut the pin on the one and use it on both sides, it's not really correct - they reflect differently if I recall correctly (there's a front and back, even though they sit on the side of the car) the NOS pair may sit in my storage for a while as i'm afraid to put them on....... actually, I'll wait until after it's repainted, then put them on just one time.

That Spirit filler can be found on eBay every so often. SX/4 doesn't use that as it's a "truck" by classification and uses a non-movable bumper - the bumper is rigid to the frame. No cylinders. So I suppose the Spirit folks are sort of outta luck on that part as there's not many other cars they can swipe that part from.

The Eagle bumper ends or corners, now THAT's a kicker.
The front, not so needed ......... at least not YET, as those are universal on all Eagles.
Eagle sedan, wagon, kammie, SX/4, 1981 through end of production all take the same front bumper ends or corners.
The back, that's a different story.... and with the SX/4 and kammback being such limited production the REAR bumper ends or corners are rare as hens' teeth, and quite costly. They only fit those two models.
Among the most expensive of ALL Eagle parts are the REAR bumper ends/corners. I saw a pair sell for over 200 bucks recently. OUCH! They get brittle with age and sun, and you nudge them as you walk by, they break to the ground. It's scary taking my little SX/4 out as all it takes is someone to lean on the car or brush it as they walk by, or just tap it with a shopping cart, there's $$ worth of rear bumper ends shattered to the ground.
I'd like to see those, and I'd be willing to pay 50 bucks EACH for them if there was a GOOD reproduction.
70BBOAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70BBOAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 9:01pm
Machine wheel trim rings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
  Share Topic