TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - '66 American Rogue 232 Fuel Pump w/ Vacuum Wipers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'66 American Rogue 232 Fuel Pump w/ Vacuum Wipers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhioRambler66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 4:34am
I too had this dilemma with my 1966 American 440 . But I opted for the Master Part No. 3850 fuel pump , and did the electric wiper motor swap . I still have to upload the pics , as well as a nice summary as to what I did .
1966 American 440 SW
232 w/1bbl
tloftus View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tloftus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 5:42am
Originally posted by OhioRambler66 OhioRambler66 wrote:

I too had this dilemma with my 1966 American 440 . But I opted for the Master Part No. 3850 fuel pump , and did the electric wiper motor swap . I still have to upload the pics , as well as a nice summary as to what I did .

I sent you a PM, could you e-mail me your photos and maybe describe what parts you got and the swap?  (Didn't want to put my e-mail here and have it get indexed, but it my user name at gmail.com).  I can do the wiring I'm more interested in did you use a factory switch or did you have to wire one up yourself?  Did you use a stock electric motor or did you find one of the "Ford compatible" ones?

Thanks,
Tom
tloftus View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tloftus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 8:42am
Originally posted by OhioRambler66 OhioRambler66 wrote:

Are you sure it was 3850?  I can't find that part number on any of the sites.

Thanks,
Tom
OhioRambler66 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhioRambler66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 10:20am
I would listen to the guys on here , as they have a lot of valid points . $100 isn't too bad for a NOS fuel pump . Here's which fuel pump I bought :
My apologies as it was Part No. 3805 from Master .
1966 American 440 SW
232 w/1bbl
Javelinhead View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelinhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2008 at 1:00pm
I have just pulled my '67 232 for a 343.

The 232 has 22,000 miles on it since the rebuild.

There are 1.5 summers on the new alternator, carb, fuel pump,etc. all were new then.

Let me know if you would be interested in anything.

The 232 1bbl was a great motor .
orange crate View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange crate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2009 at 6:44pm

How did you mount the motor to the vacuum plate?
mafiaboy920 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafiaboy920 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2010 at 12:38am
hey if your still looking for the carter fuel pump/vacuum actuator im selling mine on ebay if it doesnt sell and your interested in it let me know
thmil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thmil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by tloftus tloftus wrote:

Here is the email I got back from Kennedy's:

Tom, 3206148 is a new old stock original Carter fuel pump with the fuel filter bowl on the bottom of the pump, this is the exact pump that came new on your car. We only have 1 available. The FS0093 is still a Carter pump but is a newer style (no fuel filter bowl) but replaces all vacuum wiper fuel pumps (double action) on the 199,232,258 engines. Thanks, Jeff

Any idea what that the newer style carter part number might be?  FS0093 isn't crossing to anything that I can find.

Thanks,
Tom

I wonder, does NOS indicate that it has not been rebuilt?
Would the gaskets and pumps still be good?
thmil
1967 American Rogue Convertible
tloftus View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tloftus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 2:49pm
I ended up rebuilding mine with the kit from Then and Now automotive.  I didn't have all the tools needed to do the check valves so I ended up shipping it to him anyway.  Price was reasonable.
1966 AMC Rambler American Rogue - 232 I6
http://theamcforum.com/forum/1966-amc-american-rogue_topic20995.html

1978 AMC AMX - 258 I6
http://theamcforum.com/forum/1978-amc-amx_topic62333.html
thmil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thmil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2011 at 12:04pm
I'm considering geting the one at Kennedy.
thmil
1967 American Rogue Convertible
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic