TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 1:47pm
SceneOne, what file format do you need?
I still have the 3d model with proper hole dimensions I made for this project.
My depths are a bit closer to the original part dimensions, but you can adjust that as you prefer to more closely match pit crews version. 

Edited by PlazinJavelin - Dec/24/2017 at 1:50pm
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 9:59pm
The software I use, which is Aspire, is able to import vectors from files with any of the following file extention: .crv, .dxf, .eps, .crv3d, .pdf, .ai Or just give us dimensions and we will be good, it looks easy enough to draw and my son is very fast and good with all the programs. I showed him a picture of it today and he says it will be easy to do.

Thanks B.
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2017 at 8:32pm
I looked up Aspire and I bet just pics with dimensions would be easiest.
Check your private mail for a couple of drop box links to pics.
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by PlazinJavelin PlazinJavelin wrote:

I looked up Aspire and I bet just pics with dimensions would be easiest.
Check your private mail for a couple of drop box links to pics.

What you sent will work great Thank you!!!
petter View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2018 at 8:57am
Is it someone that can share the dimensions of the bushing,
I would like to try making a printout on my 3D printer at work,
I will create a model and can share the 3d printer ".stl" file here if the function will be acceptable.

/Peter

Peter Olsson
Javelin 1971
Saab 9-3 Aero 2008
Bmw 528 Touring 1999
Volvo C70 convertible 2001
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 4:13pm
Ok we finally got a break with the CNC to mill up a couple of bushings. My son and I decide to cut them in foam first to resolve any issues that came up to start with. In doing so we found that there was also play where it was riveted onto the bracket so to help solve this we made it fit perfectly into the recess so there would be no movement at all. I had in my shop a piece of delrin from a past project that was    1 3/4" thick enough to make a couple pieces up. After our foam test cuts we made a few adjustments and cut a pair but found out that they were to tall when I went to assemble for the curve of the rod. So I reduced the length to overall 1 1/4". I also found that the metal rod they slid on seemed uneven so I sanded it with a random orbital sander and then polished on a wire wheel and it was much improved. We also came up with a new design for the wear bushings such that they snap in place very easily. After which I installed them in my car and they worked fantastic with just a slight movement in the window after installed 100% better. It also seemed easier to adjust the window alignment unless it is just all the practice I am getting. check out the photos and feel free to offer suggestions. If everyone is happy I can mill some up.
Woosterkevin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 4:32pm
Looks really good. I am interested in a set when you very some made.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 5:02pm
Me too.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
SST343 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SST343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 5:12pm
I’m in - sign me up.
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 6:32pm
Awesome work,I would like a set too when available. Thanks Al
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
  Share Topic