TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 10:16pm
Anybody got any good window wobble stories to share?

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 6:51pm

Is there such a thing?  Tongue

Back to 1982... the window on my 68 Javelin wobbled enough that it would pinch a nice little bruise if you had the window down, your arm resting on the door and hit a good enough bump. "don't put your arm there dope!" 

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by PlazinJavelin PlazinJavelin wrote:

Is there such a thing?  Tongue

Back to 1982... the window on my 68 Javelin wobbled enough that it would pinch a nice little bruise if you had the window down, your arm resting on the door and hit a good enough bump. "don't put your arm there dope!"

Strange, I have 2007 Sebring that will pinch you real good, as in break the skin, if you have your arm resting on the top of the door when the power door locks kick in.

sasyamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasyamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2012 at 12:39am
Do you have any for sale
amxsteve View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 12:51pm
I will take a set also if you start selling them
AmeriMan View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmeriMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 1:42pm
Add me to the list.  One set for me please.
larue390@comcast.net
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 4:26pm
Ok, looks like I will have to go back and bug the guy with the CNC machine again to see I can get some more made.

1badrambler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1badrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 2:26pm
I would be interested in some as well.  I just purchased the guides from Amark and haven't gotten them in the mail yet.  I just stumbled across your thread.  Thanks for keeping the hobby alive!!! 
jkarisny View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkarisny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 5:16pm
That gives me some ideas. I can cut acetal and many other materials with  my cheap home made CNC mill.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Building-a-drawer-slide-CNC-machine-for-under-200/

I always forget I have it, I guess that means I have too many hobbies!

Anyways...way to take an idea to the next level! Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by jkarisny - Sep/30/2012 at 5:37pm
You can do things the right way or the wrong way.

Or you can do it MY way...which is like the wrong way, only faster.
Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 5:36pm
I am really surprised no aftermarket companies want to pick this up.  The quality of parts I got is phenomenal - much better than some stuff I've actually bought from the repop companies.  But therein lies the difference I guess - company in it for money .... person in it for product that works.

Like, I was shocked the other day when I had a revelation that, companies are now reproducing an AMAZING amount of interior parts for a Gremlin!  Carpets both cargo area and passenger area, Sail Panels for the early cars, rear seat panels for the early cars, seat covers for 71-76 cars and I'm sure a few other bits I'm forgetting. This is pretty sweet considering when I first bought my Gremlin (2001) the only thing being made was poor-fitting carpets.  Really, all we need now is maybe door panels, headliners and dashpads and think of how many more Gremlins could be saved!!  An old Mopar friend I touched base with last weekend at a show was AMAZED at how AMC's have come up in the world even over the last 10 years.  I went to a little tiny show in Creston, BC and there were THREE AMC's there! A '70 AMX, a Rebel Machine and my Humpster.
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
  Share Topic