TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71-74 Jav Window guide Bushings "No More Wobble"
    Posted: Feb/07/2024 at 2:29pm
Ooops pushed to many buttons . Sometimes I am all thumbs. I just want to clear the air on the pieces I made. Yes,  Keith is correct I have been crazy busy with work so making time to cutting them can be difficult and yes there have been a few instances that I have not been paid. Most likely because of my trust in mankind, but also some folks have sent me more money than I had asked for, A big thank you to those people. Also I must say what has been the case is that, those who haven't paid have been new to the forum and have since disappeared. I think this site and the members of this site are wonderful and I feel very blessed to be a part of it. I have met some wonderful people like Keith, and many others and I am thankful for that. Long story short I will do everything I can to help with these if I can, and if those people can be patient and work with my schedule.

Thanks for putting up with me.
                                                B.P.
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2024 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

Originally posted by rsrguy3 rsrguy3 wrote:

Why has the ship sailed?

For a couple of reasons. First is that several people didn't bother to pay him and the second is that his work load has increased. It's a shame that people do that and ruin it for everybody. He wasn't making any money on them and did it to help the hobby.

If you don't have anything, that set is better than nothing. There's been problems with getting stuff from that vendor so good luck with that. If those parts were only copied after the originals, it won't be as good as doing the no wobble setup. The top guides are easy to make but you do need a lathe to make the lower bushing. The top guides need to be cut down to match the bracket. Pit crew shows this on page 2. Don't make the lower bushing any taller that the original. Its that height for a reason. I've done several of these and helped guys with theirs so I'm saying this with experience so do what you want if you don't believe me. Smile
rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2024 at 8:53am
I'm a belieber....Wink
People can be total morons... this Is why I don't work on anyone's stuff outside of my shop.
javguy
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2024 at 7:35am
Originally posted by rsrguy3 rsrguy3 wrote:

Why has the ship sailed?

For a couple of reasons. First is that several people didn't bother to pay him and the second is that his work load has increased. It's a shame that people do that and ruin it for everybody. He wasn't making any money on them and did it to help the hobby.

If you don't have anything, that set is better than nothing. There's been problems with getting stuff from that vendor so good luck with that. If those parts were only copied after the originals, it won't be as good as doing the no wobble setup. The top guides are easy to make but you do need a lathe to make the lower bushing. The top guides need to be cut down to match the bracket. Pit crew shows this on page 2. Don't make the lower bushing any taller that the original. Its that height for a reason. I've done several of these and helped guys with theirs so I'm saying this with experience so do what you want if you don't believe me. Smile

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
SST343 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SST343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2024 at 5:46am
rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2024 at 10:55pm
Why has the ship sailed?
javguy
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2023 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Godzilla10 Godzilla10 wrote:

Kinda late to this thread but could really use a set.  Pm me if there still available. 
G

The ship has sailed on getting these made. Best thing to do make some yourself. The dimensions are on page 1.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Godzilla10 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2023 at 2:14pm
Kinda late to this thread but could really use a set.  Pm me if there still available. 
G
07motorboy View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 07motorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2021 at 10:35am
I would like to purchase two sets. Message has been sent. Thanks
Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2021 at 8:29pm
I currently have a few sets available, If interested message me with contact/shipping information. Price is $45.00 a set which is enough for one car or 2 doors. Shipping included within the USA. I will only sell the sets I currently have. At the point I will not be making anymore in the near future.

Thanks B.P.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic