TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

East TX AMC cruise-in Lufkin TX April 14, 2012 - Event Date: Apr/14/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: East TX AMC cruise-in Lufkin TX April 14, 2012
    Posted: Feb/02/2012 at 3:10pm
***LUFKIN TX AMC CRUISE-IN APRIL 14, 2012***
My apologies and I look foolish now, but I was working from a calendar w/o holidays and had not realized that Easter was April 8th.  Not wishing to disrupt anyone's Easter weekend plans, so we will be holding this on Saturday April 14th. 

In the past this has been held the 3rd Saturday at our local drag strip. 

Well,   the
the drag strip closed and we are now holding it April 14th, the 2nd Saturday in 
April*.  This gives Texas and surrounding state AMC enthusiasts an additional chance for a meet each year.  Some who perhaps haven’t participated in past meets due to driving distance, schedule conflicts or the time of year of our other annual Texas meet.  This will be a cruise-in at a Lufkin AMC enthusiast’s home (mine) with ample lawn parking for 50-60+ vehicles (conservative est.) and room for truck & trailer parking on a non-busy residential side-street if necessary. The photo is from this past April’s “meet & greet” earlier in the day before the track opened with only part of the cars present.  It shows only a partial view of the front drive & part of front lawn, much more lawn there, just ask Tom (or my lawn tractor’s gas tank).  This will be a casual cruise-in, show & shine, bring your pop-ups, lawn chairs, coolers, parts and stories to swap, grill ‘em if ya got ‘em, family friendly affair near Lufkin’s downtown shopping (antique malls, clothing, gifts, coffee shops, etc) & all the local restaurants.  There are many (and most are new) hotels in Lufkin.  We’ll get a mid-morning start, have the grill going for burgers and dogs at lunchtime and go until folks need to head homeI want to be clear, this is not a "concours on the lawn".   We want everyone to show up and be able to participate whether your AMC, Nash, Rambler, Willys, Jeep, Hudson (or Kelvinator) is stock, modified, show quality or needs paint and is your ongoing project.  I'm pretty sure driving projects (which I take pride in mine I know) out-number the show cars anyway.  If you have parts to sell, swap or share, bring 'em.  So, drive it, drag it, or tow it, no trophies or entrance fees and come on out for a great day of AMC's and camaraderie.  Need not currently own an AMC to attend, just want to make sure everyone is clear that all are welcome.

The weather here in April averages in the low to mid 70's by midday in mid-April and sunset is not until around 7:40 p.m.

Lufkin, TX has a population of over 35,000 and is sort of a hub, fairly centrally located between:

120 miles north on Hwy 59 of downtown Houston

85 miles south on Hwy 69 from downtown Tyler

175 miles south-east from downtown Dallas

165 miles east of downtown Waco

120 miles south-west from downtown Shreveport, LA

160 miles west of Alexandria, LA

175 miles south of Texarkana, TX/AR

300 miles north-east of San Antonio

Contact me for location address: R eagan Ratliff (936) 225-0569, ratliffr@centralisd.com or Tom Taylor (713) 249-2466, amc.taylor1969@att.net

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Apr/19/2012 at 3:37pm
Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2012 at 3:55pm
Ok, I have no idea what is up here, but this thing will not accept my first name in the body of the posting, it keeps putting in "former president".  My first name is former president.  Yes, I suppose that could confuse a computer...
Ok, it did it again, my name is R(no space here)eagan.  What is going on with this thing...?

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Feb/02/2012 at 3:57pm
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
txamx View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 8:46am
Either weekend looks good for me.  I look forward to meeting other Texas AMC folks!

John Becker
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 11:45am
Glad to have you on board John. Please, spread the word up your way. My apologies again for not working from a proper calendar. We'll learn & improve next year.
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2012 at 4:14pm

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Feb/17/2012 at 9:37am
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 10:38pm
Wanted to update the posting as we are now under a month away from the event date.  We have several participants coming from the Houston and Dallas areas, Tyler, Diboll, Jasper, several from Lufkin and one as far away as Ft Worth.  So far vehicles attending range from Spirits to Gremlins to Javelins to Jeepsters and Full-Size Jeeps, so we'll have something for everyone.  We do have event t-shirts, so if you know you'll be attending and wish to have one held for you, contact me to do so.  We'll have large, XL and XXL available.  These are the front and back images for this year's shirt:

I look forward to hearing from more participants to help make this an even more successful event.
Thanks, Reagan, 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@centralisd.com

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
texasamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2012 at 11:44am
Glad to hear about the  the April 14th  crusie in as I'm  only 60 miles away.  Sad to hear about
the closing of the local drag strip.  If anyone is interested I can bring a few swap parts.  I have a 401 , it will need boring,, also have  some .040 over pistons.  if possible , I need directions to the meet location
  you can email me at   mailto:texasamx@sbcglobal.net...............thanks - texasamx@sbcglobal.net...............thanks
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2012 at 2:12pm

Glad to pick up another participant.  I believe we've added up to 6 more in the last 48 hours, so things are building.  Should be pushing a minimum of close to 20 or more AMC and AMC related marques, plus several classic non-AMC vehicles in attendance as well.  I'll shoot you an e-mail shortly.

Thanks,

Reagan

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Mar/30/2012 at 9:55am
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Chrispycub View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrispycub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2012 at 4:16am
Sounds like a FUN time...too bad I'm working or I'd be there! I just bought an all-original 1963 Rambler Classic 660 and am lost on where to begin on making it like new but am looking forward to learning as I go. Best $2,800 I've ever spent!
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2012 at 10:55am

Hate to hear you have to work, especially as close as you live.  We will have cars arriving by 9:00 a.m. (some even before) and go until 4:00 or whenever we're done and everyone has gone home.  If you could make just a portion of the day I believe you'd still have a great time.  Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you some pics of a '63 Ambassador 880 that is for sale here in Luflkin. ratliffr@centralisd.com

Reagan 

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic