TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SO CAL AMC CAR SHOW & SWAP MEET - Event Date: Jul/07/2012 - Jul/28/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: SO CAL AMC CAR SHOW & SWAP MEET
    Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 12:26pm
Yes, a big THANK YOU!!! to George Markos and the others involved in putting on the cruise night and AMC car show again this year. Clap

It was fun talking with other AMC'ers about their rides, and meeting forum members that I have only talked to here on the forum. My wife really enjoyed herself too. (I'm pretty lucky to have a wife who enjoys all this car stuff). The weather for the show was awsome, and the red white and blue was all around! I was hoping that Steve (Bikerfox) would leave his keys in his SC/Rambler, but no dice! LOL (Awsome car Steve!!!) I talked to several people who came up and said they were currently working on AMC projects at home. I'm sure a couple of them will be joining the forum shortly. One guy told me he was from NY. and is currently working on his 70 AMX.

I really enjoyed talking with Mike Pierce (Petes Patriot) and George Helmer who brought out the "Project Javelin" work in progress. Both of these cars have some great AMC racing History and I want to thank them both for bringing these cars out to share with us.   

My wife and I are already looking forward to next years show!! Tongue

Thanks again to everyone for a great AMC filled weekend in So. California!!!!!!!!  Clap       
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 11:33pm
Kudos to George and crew for putting on a great two day event.

Friday was the cruise-in...the street was blocked off and all cars were welcomed to the ADM (Automobile Driving Musesum) vicinity parking areas.  AMC cars were allowed to park directly in front of the museum and about fourteen showed up (pictures to follow in a day or so).  So many interesting cars, esp. AMC vehicles that don't show up to most car events.  One culinary roach coach for dinner and lots of car conversations into the evening.

Hot Rod magazine was there and took better pics than I could ever take, so here's a link to the Friday cruise-in:  http://www.hotrod.com/hot_rod_cruise_night/hrdp_1207w_july_2012_hot_rod_car_craft_cruise_night/

The first car you'll see is Al's '68 AMX tribute car.

And, here's my car (glad he shot it in the waning hours of sunsetting light):  http://www.hotrod.com/hot_rod_cruise_night/hrdp_1207w_july_2012_hot_rod_car_craft_cruise_night/photo_52.html

Saturday's show at was held at the ADM and about eighteen vehicles paid for admission (several were unwilling/unable to pay parked outside the gates).  Lots of interest in the cars and three peeps showed up, all of whom were restoring Scramblers and needed some assistance.  That was quite surprising (three in one day)!  The museum bbq-ed burgers and brots for lunch and trophies were handed out later.  All in all, it was pretty well organized and the ADM was a GREAT venue for a car show in Los Angeles.  George--let's do it again next year!

Edited by bikerfox - Jul/30/2012 at 5:14pm
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 1:02am
Will definitely be there next year....just finalized my retirement effective 7/31 so missed this one but looking forward to attending next year's bash!
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
53NH View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 10:30pm
Planning on being there this weekend in El Segundo.  Will be bringing my 1953 Nash Healey Le Mans Coupe.

Bob

THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Mr._Incredible Mr._Incredible wrote:

Hot Rod Magazine is issuing a 100,000 emails for this event!!
Any LOCAL Amc does not want to be left out!!

And here it is:

Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
Mr._Incredible View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr._Incredible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 11:28am
The cruise there is no fee. I have persons from all over the country coming for this cruise.
Vendors include the amx connection, Galvin Ramblers and others.

bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 6:54am
AFAIK, just show up for the cruise, Tom.  And, we'll "try" to like your multifaceted car! LOL
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:50am
I'm going to be out of town for the car show -- leaving for Wendover UT in the Rambler, in fact -- but turns out i will be able to make the Friday cruise. Do I need to sign up or anything? Or just show up?

Be warned, no one likes my car but me :-) It is anti-shiny. The muscle car people laugh cuz it's a 195.6 OHV (albeit hotrodded). I embarrass the resto people cuz it's all hacked up and modified. The import scene kids hate me cuz I use the wrong stuff from Japan. Flip it over though, and it's all go, and it's all AMC... lol.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr._Incredible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:56am
Hot Rod Magazine is issuing a 100,000 emails for this event!!
Any LOCAL Amc does not want to be left out!!
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr._Incredible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:54am
Dennis is right there are great restaurants near the museum. The museum will have a BBQ set up n Cruise night at the museum. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic