TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

34TH. AMC NATIONALS - - Event Date: Sep/06/2012 - Sep/08/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AMC instigator View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2012 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by iagmc iagmc wrote:

Just a added benefit. the track has CAMPING! So if you plan to go both days, it helps! Plenty plenty of room for big campers down to tents. Not much hook ups, but i also did not look for them. If kids are coming there is an area for them, my wife that is not car nut enjoyed her self also. this year we will be camping and bringing our son for both days. our teenage daughter is also coming, she might have a hard time if her wifi has problems. but frankly i don't care. Friday is kind of slower paced, but well worth the socializing and learning. hope to see you all there. 

I was thinking about taking the CJ5 down the track. is there any pointers for someone that has only watched in the stands a few time. looking to learn for fun, not to learn how to break things...
     Racing pointers are easily available should you want to take the CJ down the track. Some I will mention to give you a chance to plan ahead are since it is a Jeep, you want to be sure it is clean-meaning no mud. Don't take it wrong, I know how much my son gets on hisSmile Next sug. is you will need a battery hold down, a true metal over the top with two threaded rods one, not a bungee cord, they frown upon them. The next is a radiator over flow, even a hose from the radiator and a small pop bottle will do, if you want, the main thing is it cannot spill coolant on the track if it gets warm. If you do not have a solid roof, you will need to get a helmet, snell approved. If you only want to make a few joy ride passes, you can most likely borrow one, I may be able to help with that.  Depeding on engine size and trans, you can get many how to drive suggestions. I don't have all the answers, but I and plenty of other racers would be gald to give you some tips should you get to the track and feel the itch to give  it a whirl, it doesn't mean you need to break things to have fun. It is nice to hear you are bringing along your family for the event, good chance for the kids to get introduced into the hobby. SH
iagmc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iagmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:10am
Thank you for the battery, mine is currently in a box, box bolted to the frame, but the battery is not bolted down. Thanks!! Helmet is dot/snow approved. Not sure on snell, i would have to look. (snowmobile helmet) But it does have a hard top with doors. I do plan in wearing the helmet down the track. Bottle is checked, had one on before, I am a little cheap, why let it just run out, I can re use it. ;) My Jeep Never sees mud. the only time it might is a creek crossing in the spring for mushrooms. After the money I "invested" for the frame off, It will never see mud again. 
With the family it is great. but my son might get the "itch" and we all know that could end up being a costly issue. But what the heck, we only go around once. 
My plan was to start in 2nd and then go to third later, With the 304 you really don't need 1st. I would have rather 3 be OD then 1st be so low. 
Thanks for the tips, if anyone else has suggestions, i would like to hear them.

Thanks all!
tmancusi View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmancusi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2012 at 10:18pm
Speaking of batteries...mine is in the trunk in a strapped down plastic battery box. Will that be sufficient?
Thanks.
'68 AMX 390 4-Speed
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 5:29pm
SmileWe have another sponsor for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS and that is Bob Hodson of Orlando, FL. Bob is donating $25. Thanks, Bob!!!
Have fun with your AMC!!!
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2012 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by tmancusi tmancusi wrote:

Speaking of batteries...mine is in the trunk in a strapped down plastic battery box. Will that be sufficient?
Thanks.
IIRC NHRA rules say if the trunk is not sealed off from the passenger area then the batt has to be in a sealled box that is vented to the outside of car. Also if batt is in trunk you need a cut off switch.
Mine batt is in the trunk (70 Javelin) but the trunk is sealed off from the passenger area, fire wall where rear seat was and speaker openings blocked off too. I also have a cell in the trunk and never had issues with tech done this way.
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
AMC instigator View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2012 at 9:23am
It is just over a month left everyone! Summer has been passing along fast with work, racing, wrenching, and rockcrawling. So in the last few days we have been starting to prepare a bunch of things for the AMC Nationals. Amazing how exciting it is just to start planning for it, knowing it will be coming up soon.  Just trying to plan ahead a bit, helps out at crunch time for us.  Bobbi is racing tomorrow morn, a TriathalonSmile   she won't be quite as fast as with "Wild Thing", but still racing nonetheless. I hope everyone has enough time to get ready, the days a counting down quickly. Looking forward to another great AMC Nationals. SH
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2012 at 12:41pm
We have another sponsor to announce for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS and that is Gary Timmerman of Florissant, MO. Gary has donated $25. Thanks, Gary!!
nufdum View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nufdum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2012 at 1:45pm
Dang I cant wait!! I need some guy time! A weekend of good cars Great friends and lets not forget the food, there may be a big suprize on Sat. so dont plan on leavin to early!!!

Besides, I got my Kilt all pressed and ready to go!
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2012 at 6:00pm
Oh yea..I can't wait. It will be me and my brother 30th Anniversary for attending the AMC Nats. I can't wait. I am hoping to have lots of family and friends join us this year. We just took out the AMX the other night and she she is all ready to run.

Many of us have said it over and over. Its hard to find a better time than the AMC Nationals for the AMC fanatic. CARS, SHOW, SWAP MEET, and the great time with other AMCers. Swaping AMC stories, looking at the latest restoration part, checking out the new race part, seeing old historic race parts, that new found NOS part for sale. And seeing those old friends that you get to see once a year. And making new ones.

While it sorta marks the coming to and end of the car season for many, what a batter way to end it than with fellow AMCers.

See YA there!!!  Wow I can't wait!!! Thumbs Up

Allan
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 11:30am
We have another sponsor to announce for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS and that is the Gateway AMC club of the St. Louis area. They are donating $100. Thanks guys & gals of Gateway AMC!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic