TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

34TH. AMC NATIONALS - - Event Date: Sep/06/2012 - Sep/08/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Aljav Aljav wrote:

The AMC National is without a doubt the best time for all AMCers. 34  years!!

Have you been to any AMC shows like it this side of the river? If so was it put on by a big club or 1 person?

Jock you could have thought of it as a bump.........then again maybe the show is that big and does not need to be put on any forums and bumped to the top?
I dont care how good it is I will not try to get to any of them!
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2012 at 10:50pm
Some  Pics Of last years racing Action!!

69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2012 at 1:59pm
The host motels for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS at Cordova Dragway Park will be the adjoining Comfort Inn and Super 8 in LeClaire, IA which is about 15-20 minutes from the track. The number for the Comfort Inn is (563) 289-4747 & for the Super 8 it is (563) 289-5888. To get the track rate make sure you tell them you are with NAMDRA for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS. And a little advice, make your reservations as soon as possible because they sell out every year.
Have fun with your AMC!!!
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2012 at 2:12pm
The following are some sponsors we have so far and what they donated for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS:

Shannon & Bobbi Halverson - $100
Stephan Halverson - $30.
Jock & P.J. Jocewocz - 22 items so far for door/pre-entry prizes
Russ Roberts - $20
Kenneth Binegar - $40
Brett Schneider - $100
A. J. Jacobs of South Texas AMC - (3) Air Angle Die Grinders. (6) large Ballpoint Pens. (8) Combo Pocket
                                                     Screwdriver/Pens

A big thanks to all mentioned!!! Of course we will hope for more sponsors, especially some amjor ones for the "Quick-Eight" bracket and for door/pre-entry prizes. If you can help out, let me know. Thanks!
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 11:04am
We have another sponsor for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS and that is Frank Swygert (FARNA) and Frank is donating:

A copy of the "The Red, White & Blue Book" and two e-mail subscriptions to the AMC Magazine.

Thanks, Frank and all of you that have donated so far!!
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 12:52pm
We have another sponsor of the 34th. AMC NATIONALS and that is Jennifer Tessmann of Antioch, IL. Jennifer has got us plates and utensils for the picnic, tickets for the door prize & pre-entry drawings, an auto clib board, an Advanced Auto parts hat, a polishing cloth, an interior detail mitt, a bug scrubber wash mitt and 2 clipboards. Thanks, Jennifer!
  We are still looking for more sponsors, especially major ones for the "Quick-Eight" bracket, so if you can help out, let us know.
rohnk View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 3:44pm
I was there last year and look forward to this years event. I believe I stayed at the Staybridge Inn and Suites in Leclaire which is a very nice hotel for families. I plan to stay there myself as it is only a short drive away.
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 12:22pm
Have another sponsor to announce for the 34th. AMC NATIONALS and that is Garrett Ghezzi, owner/driver of the AMXpress 69 SS/AMX. Garrett is donating $300 that will go ($75 each) to the semis in the Pro bracket. If there are only 3 cars in the semis, the runner-up will get an additional $75. Thanks, Garrett!!
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 12:33pm
Another sponsor to announce for the 34th. AMC NATIONALS and they are Larry & Patty Lahr of Carroll, IA. They have donated $100. Thank you Larry & Patty!! And sad to say they won't be at the meet because their son is getting married that weekend. Hope he has a long and loving marraige!
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 1:26pm
Before I turned the baby Eagle into Deerslayer, (with full apologies to J.F. Cooper) I was considering driving it over instead of hauling the Jav this time........... but now I have to reconsider.
It could pull a trophy for "most sun-baked AMC", or maybe highest miles daily-driver?

Hmmm.... but then how could I haul any great purchases from the swap area back home? Need to give that some thought.

I was half-thinking (which I do best, half the time) of "sponsoring", but I've spent all my Cordova money on Yawnie's surgery so best I can do is services of some sort.
I guess if there's any interest, ok.....

It's always such a great time, I'll figure something out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic