TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Fresh Control Freak Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 1:40pm

I don't know that it makes too much difference functionally.  It didn't come with instructions that specified one way or another.  Do you have any interference problems?...if not I'd just install it the way you like it.  I may look at the way mine is installed too to see if it fits on the top.

Wayne
BDCVG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCVG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 4:04pm
No clearance issues at all so it may not matter.
1970 AMX 390 5 spd full Control Freaks front and rear suspension
2014 E63 AMG-S wagon
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III              
fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 4:17pm
IMHO I think a bolt is stronger when it is compressed rather than streched.  Maybe more downforce on the top?????
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 5:31pm
I just sent a PM to Al to ask him the correct mounting location, so he may weigh in.

Wayne
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 5:36pm
Wayne & Friends:

Everyone is right in terms of the sway bar fitment.  We did, however, design it to sit above the lower control arm, not below.  It does function marginally better,but, more important, nothing is hanging down.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Al
Al Kamhi
Control Freak Suspensions
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FreakRide
Nashty401 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nashty401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 5:56pm
I can see the point about bolt stress but if the mounting needs to be flipped around to above the control arm, the bar might need to be flipped and a longer bolt utilized with a spacer to make sure and clear the rack 'n pinion tie rod. Take a close look.
Scrapdaddy Sr. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 5:57pm
Wayne, whats the distance between the end link mounts on your front roll bar?
73hornut View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73hornut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Nashty401 Nashty401 wrote:

I can see the point about bolt stress but if the mounting needs to be flipped around to above the control arm, the bar might need to be flipped and a longer bolt utilized with a spacer to make sure and clear the rack 'n pinion tie rod. Take a close look.

Looks from here, that it should fit fine by flipping the bar and mounting above the lower control arm, unless it will hit it's own bracket.
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 7:11pm
Wendell,

I think you may have asked me that before and I forgot to get back to you.  I just took a measurement, and it looks like 43".  Hope that helps.

As far as the mounting location of the bar, I kinda like the location it's in, it looks non-conventional.  Although I may flip it over to see if I can notice any diference in handling.

Scrapdaddy Sr. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2011 at 7:32pm
Yes indeed that does help!! Thank you very much!!

I can make it work on the Hornet. Now to locate a rear sway bar that can be made to work. I remember that Al's BA Dart He had at his shop had a rear kit that just might do the trick.Cool

Edited by Scrapdaddy Sr. - Nov/28/2011 at 7:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic