TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rear quarter panels Rambler Rogue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear quarter panels Rambler Rogue
    Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:17pm
The rear quarter panels on my recently acquired Rambler Rogue are badly rusted. I have searched but concluded that replacement panels are not available. Fortunately I have access to a skilled craftsman who can fabricate the quarter panels for me. 

Is there anyone else that could use replacement quarter panels. I am trying to determine the general level of interest and then will get back to the forum with additional details. 

As well, can anyone advise what other AMC vehicles have rear quarter panel sheet metal in common with the Rogue.

Thanks
Midnight Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:38pm
I think it's just the '66-'69 American/Rogue and the '69 SC/Rambler that are the same from the rear wheels back.  The SC/Ramblers have rolled lips.

'66 American 440 Convertible 290/M-40/AMC 20 3.15/PS/PB
'04 Jeep Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition 4.0 5sp
Rogue Rod View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2011 at 9:13am
Thanks Midnight Rambler. That helps a lot.
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2011 at 9:33am
  The Scramblers had the same quarter panels as the other American hardtops,  if the wheelwell lips are rolled for a little extra tire clearance,  that was done by someone with a dolly and rubber hammer. 

66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2011 at 3:31pm

It would be nice if there was a replacement panel available like there is for Javelin/AMX.  With the popularity of the SC/Ramblers alone as well as the other Americans you would think there would be a good market for them.  When I went searching for quarter panels for my 67 Rogue about seven years ago, I was lucky to find a nice used set in St Louis.  500 mile one way drive to get them but it was worth it.

1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
MikeHunt67 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeHunt67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2015 at 3:43pm
I know this is a really old post but I'm also looking for 67 rogue quarters and was wondering if anybody found some suggestions?
Rogue Rod View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2015 at 3:53pm
I started this thread in 2011. Unfortunately, the craftsman that was prepared to fabricate the quarters has moved on and is not available to me. 
Krauss101 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Krauss101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2015 at 9:03am
My car rusted also and anything can be fixed its just the time. So I looked for something close but not perfect and came up with 69 Chevelle patch panels looked pretty good that's what I used on my car for the top of the wheel well opening. If I could figure out how to put pictures on here I'd send you some before and after... Good luck..
Lyle View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2015 at 3:18pm
Take some boxboard templates of your front fenders and compare those to the rear quarters. You may be able to make new rears from fronts.
For my 69 Javelin the front fender profile is the same as the rear quarters. I had way too much material to replace to use patch panels available so I made rear quarters from front fenders but removed 2-1/8" from the center to get the wheel opening correct. I had a friends 68 Javelin to ensure my final quarters matched the originals.
Had to dolly and hammer my own wheel wells also using boxboard templates.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2015 at 8:00pm
It never hurts to advertise for what you need on craigslist and it's free.  Just ignore the spam you may get.  Also, the Facebook AMC cars and parts for sale/wanted page has a ad from a guy in Greensburg indiana parting out a 68 (maybe 67) American 2-door.  The pics don't reveal the condition of the rear quarters but there might be some good metal there.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic