TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Willys fire truck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Willys fire truck
    Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 7:36am
AWWWWWWWWW    I WANT ONE......  Thumbs Up
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by sptland sptland wrote:

I know it's been a year - but do you know what happened to the '63 FC170 fire truck you saw? any info would be appreciated! Thanks -

I don't know where it went but another guy came into work looking for parts for a 63 Jeep fire truck.. I am guessing it was a converted truck and not a FC model..
sptland View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sptland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 10:23pm
I know it's been a year - but do you know what happened to the '63 FC170 fire truck you saw? any info would be appreciated! Thanks -
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2011 at 8:08pm
There was a 63 FC-170 Jeep Fire truck ("brush truck") for sale on Hartland Rd. over in Hartland earlier this year. I stopped and took a look at it and it was pretty nice. I wish I had the $6500 they wanted for it because I always wanted a forward control Jeep. I was told by the owner that it was from a fire department somewhere over near Buffalo. Also a low milage truck...
Chief 8-M-7 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief 8-M-7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2011 at 6:54pm
I thought this looked familiar.  This is the former brush truck for Lewiston Fire Co. #1, Lewiston, NY.
It's full radio call sign was 7-M-4.  This is a rare one indeed..  
carfixated View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carfixated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 3:17pm

Very cool truck!!! That would be a blast to drive as-is even. 

6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 6:12pm
I am not going to make an offer. I have other higher priority projects. It would be a nice parade vehicle after a good red paint job.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
Maxiblue1973 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxiblue1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 5:30pm
That is a beauty.  A light restoration and that truck would be a real head turner. Are ya thinking about making an offer?
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 5:22pm

I was driving to one of my son's jobs and came across this Willys fire truck that is for sale. It is a 1958 Willys converted by Young to a fire truck (it has a chrome Young emblem on each side above the M-4). Young was in business from 1932 to 1991. It is the most solid Willys truck I have seen in a long time and it supposedly runs and drives perfectly. The odometer shows 07400 miles, which could be true if the truck was only used for fire service. I called the seller and he wants to get $12,000 for it. I never saw another like it. It has a lot of springs on the back and must have been a 3/4 ton model.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic