TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Anyone have experience with Isky Cams?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phast1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone have experience with Isky Cams?
    Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 7:58pm
Anyone running an Isky?. Lately i have been doing some research on cams, and Isky seems have a  good reputation, as well as being one of the smaller cam companies with very good customer service.

Connor
1972 Javelin
danleym View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danleym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 8:56am
I've never run one myself, but I've only heard good things. Know a guy who swears by them and won't put anything else in any of his cars (none of which are AMC). I know that's second hand and probably not all that helpful, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
Hollis Danley
1980 Spirit, 258
2000 VW Jetta TDI
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
mmaher94087 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 9:01am
I ran them.  Good cams.  Never had a problem.. except for the police.  Oops!  Mike
Mike
70AMX401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70AMX401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 1:09pm
I run an Isky solid lifter cam.  No problem and yes their customer service was excellent.
70 AMX 401/727

66 Rambler Classic 770
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 1:09pm
Good stuff.  Don't let simple numbers fool you.  There is some stealth technology in their cams.
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 4:04pm
I had a mild Isky 270 RV type cam in my 390 AMX engine the first go around on an engine rebuild. You need vacuum for the old Borg Warner M-12  to work right, so I wanted some close to stock with just a little more duration and lift and it fit the bill. I never had a problem with the cam. Valve train that a whole another story. took me a while to science that out. I used dog leg head on a 390 block and had people telling me I could not do. LRDaum
LRDaum
AmcKidd View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmcKidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 5:28pm
been running an isky 280h in my gremlin for 20+ years- instant response, great low to mid range power- "back in the day"  it ran deep in the 12's with 9.5 compression, stock heads, 650 carb , on street tires thru the mufflers, with a shot of nitrous it REALLY woke up-11:80's !!
havent EVER had a problem with it- i LIKE isky
Oroville, Ca
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 5:57pm
I run a .480 hyd. cam in my hornet I drive to work...good running cam in  a 401 on the street!
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
hottrodmike View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hottrodmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 3:40pm
i have an isky 510 in my 440 with a 108 centerline. it sounds great. even has that popping noise i like
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic