TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Model 20 info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlinamc1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 7:30pm
who said i was talking about v8's, you mention way in the start of this thred that
Originally posted by Zathien666 Zathien666 wrote:

But the fact is that amc did not have the greatest engineers.

then nether did ford if the block splits. everyone made a bad egg.

and the reason i wasted my time if for the love of the AMC, and i still think im right, your gonna be spending more money to fit those engines in that car, assuming you dont already have them.

but its your car do what you wish to it, if you get it finnished post some photos, but if your gonna try and bash AMC take it to another fourm, maybe with the motor your gonna use, you might get a little more support. just my 2 cents

1970 Gremlin 232, 1974 Gremlin, 1977 Gremlin X, 1977 Gremlin X, 1979 Spirit DL,
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 7:33pm

So?????? What are you trying to say? An inline 6 is a completely different and stronger design that's why the diesel industry uses them. Don't know why you wasted your time........so...... Yah...... Still no 360.... No dyno..... No 450hp to the wheels. There is alot of talk tho I'll give you guys that no doubt. Oh and all engines back then had high nickel content up until about 72. There was nickel in engine blocks even in 84. Aaaaaaaannnnnd as far as a sbf splitting your right 302's don't get much higher than 550-600hp. But that's a v8. As for a 351w they go much higher in hp than 600 hp and that's to the wheels.

Show me one stock block/crank/head 351 windsor combo that makes 600 to the wheels naturally aspirated, Please.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

So?????? What are you trying to say? An inline 6 is a completely different and stronger design that's why the diesel industry uses them. Don't know why you wasted your time........so...... Yah...... Still no 360.... No dyno..... No 450hp to the wheels. There is alot of talk tho I'll give you guys that no doubt. Oh and all engines back then had high nickel content up until about 72. There was nickel in engine blocks even in 84. Aaaaaaaannnnnd as far as a sbf splitting your right 302's don't get much higher than 550-600hp. But that's a v8. As for a 351w they go much higher in hp than 600 hp and that's to the wheels.

Show me one stock block/crank/head 351 windsor combo that makes 600 to the wheels naturally aspirated, Please.
And dont forget the dyno slips too..........Id like to see that too........Sleepy    I do know for a fact that Barry Allen can build a 450 HP 360...............Ive seem some of his engines run on the track,  Randy and Robert McCorkle was turning 9's with a 401 in a 72 AMX...............
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 7:43pm
Tell you what I will just print you out a dyno sheet so you can go race your friends, thats what you kids do anyhow, a supra with 1500 RWHP that runs 12s. LOL
Zathien666 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zathien666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 7:46pm
I never said I hated amc I love amc I just don't think they were the best. they had alot of potential that never came full circle in my opinion. The amc engines just don't provide the power I need. I understand I upset people but we all have our own opinions.
Dear Mr and Mrs Honda no this is not a Mach 1 and yes I will embarrass you on the strip.
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 7:54pm
The problem is your arguing something that is not true, the amc engine is by far better than a windsor ford, and is capable of 700 hp naturally asperated with stock crank block and heads,  they were ahead of their time as far as engineering on the heads. You discounting them from reading a rag here and there is what is starting issues. What makes a windsor capable is aftermarket parts, but alas there are those avaiable to amc too, you know how windor engines are trick f teh week if they have a higher deck height aftermarket block? The amc is already there and yhe components are very strong unlike the ford or small chevy. Just dont spew bull when the truth is just questions away.
69 ambassador 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 ambassador 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 9:01pm
Also you have to remember that even though the AMC engine has been out of production for nearly two decades, it is still the newest design out there as far as when it came to be.  The small chevy was a product of the early fifties and both the Ford and the Chrysler first apeared in the very early sisties and were also in the works in the late fifties.  The AMC we are talking about came to be in 1967.  It incorperated all the latest casting technologies and modern design.  In 1991 when production on passenger engines ceased it was still the most modern american V8 out there.  We never got newer designs from Detroit till they stopped making the small block Chevy.  I know you will cite the dodge magnum engines, but those were actually redesigned with the help of AMC engineers and technology aquired when Chrysler got AMC and the Magnum was based on the old AMC design.  As far as all 60s era blocks having a high nickel content you are wrong.  That is why the Chevy guys look for "020" on the side of the blocks to build HP engines. The number denotes the nickel content and most blocks were "010" or less.  AMC had much more.  Many machinists charge extra for AMC block work because of the wear and tear they put on tooling.  I love all old cars and even own a couple of fords and a big block Chevy powered motorhome.  When the Motorhome engine goes south it will get a 401 AMC because I can make better power cheaper and end up with a stronger engine too.  There is simply no other engine that will respond so well to easy/cheap mods than an AMC.  Except maybe a 385 series ford but they weigh twice as much and have weak bottom ends.
Steve Brown

Algonac, Mi.

69 Ambassador sst 390

84 Grand Wagoneer

69 Cougar XR7

65 Fairlaine 500XL

79 F-350 Super Camper Special

uh60 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uh60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 9:40pm
Definition: Zathien is a avid fan fiction reader and a active participant in the world of fandom. and the triple 6's is the work of the devil.

I think this thread needs shucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Griffis

68 AMX 390 4sp

66 Ambo Convt. 327, 4 speed
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2011 at 10:28pm
I find this thread inspiring.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0wJzA9JfM
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
cj-hellion View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj-hellion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2011 at 12:40am
Hold on boys I’m going to stand on it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic