TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cactus Classic X AMC Regional Car Show - Event Date: Apr/08/2011 - Apr/10/2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Cactus Classic X AMC Regional Car Show
    Posted: Nov/15/2010 at 1:26pm

Hi Everyone,

This is the official announcement and information for the Cactus Classic X hosted by the Cactus Cruisers AMC, the AMO Chapter in Phoenix, AZ.

We will be doing our three day event very similar to last year’s event. We will be starting off with a club hosted BBQ on Friday night at the home of Mark & Cheryl Fletcher from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The Car Show will be Saturday at the North Hills Church of God parking lot from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The Saturday night Cruise to the Scottsdale Pavilions from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. With the conclusion being the no-host breakfast Sunday morning from 8:00 am to 10:00 am at the host hotel.

Attached is the three page flyer and application form.

We have expanded the classes to ten this year and we will also have available to those who pre-register the option of have your car judged to the AMO concourse standard for an addition fee.

This is to give us AMC owners on the West coast a chance to see how this process takes place at a big AMO National event and also see what areas of our cars need to be improved before the AMO International Convention in Sedona this July.

We hope to see you all in April.

Kirk Fletcher

President

Cactus Cruisers AMC

Kirk P. Fletcher
70 AMX BBG w/Shadow 390 4sp
71 SC360 Wild Plum Ram Air 4sp
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 Rogue Hardtop 290 Auto
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2010 at 2:51pm
We definitely enjoy the company and some warmth after a Flagstaff winter. April is still winter up here. The Wagoneer will be there - the Rambler is a big IF.  I just don't think we can get it together by then, but it might happen.  Be great to see everyone again.
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 10:30pm
If anyone is planning on coming in on Thursday April 7th and want to get together please PM me or feel free to post on this thread.  A friend and my son are tentatively planning to attend schedules permitting and will be arrving on Thursday as well.  We will probably throw some eats on the barby and also no doubt enjoy some beers (around the outdoor fireplace if it gets chilly) so anyone else who comes in early is welcome to join us. 

For those who attended the AMO national show a couple of years ago in Phoenix, my place is less than 5 minutes from where where the national show took place the last time it was held in Phoenix.
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
17tamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 1:07am

Everything is ready for the Cactus Classic X AMC Car Show this coming weekend. However, we have made a change for the Saturday Night Cruise. Instead of going over to the Scottsdale Pavilions to park we are going to the Cruise on Central event so we can actually drive our cars up and down the strip in a large group formation. This event is only promoted twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall so we are lucking that this event falls on our Regional Show weekend. We will have some reserved parking in a dedicated area in the Central Park Mall if people wish to park after cruising awhile.

We look forward to any and all AMC owners and enthusiast to get out their AMC’s and attend our annual car show.

Kirk P. Fletcher
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
69 ambassador 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 ambassador 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 1:38pm
Sadly I will have to cancel my plans to attend this weekends show due to the impending closure of the national park.  I have just received word that I have to stay to provide essential emergency services should the Govornment shut down at midnight Friday.  Being the garage manager and on salery; I will be required to staff the tow operations and garage for emergencies.  We will not know of the full scope of the situation until mid-day Saturday and I cannot leave until then, even if there is a stay of execution.   If the park is shut down then all visitor services will also be ramped down and suspended until a budget is signed by thos efficient mental giants in Washington D.C.  This means that I get the opportunity to work and be on call 24/7 for the duration.  In 1995 it was 21 dayus.  Yeaaa me.CryCryCry 
Steve Brown

Algonac, Mi.

69 Ambassador sst 390

84 Grand Wagoneer

69 Cougar XR7

65 Fairlaine 500XL

79 F-350 Super Camper Special

tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 5:00pm
Cruise on central has been cancelled and rescheduled.
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 5:23pm
It's looking like a no-go for us due to weather.  Heavy snow called for Friday night (up to a foot).

17tamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 12:14am
Hey Mr. Weatherman, you are putting a damper on our fun meter here in Phoenix. Please have mercy on us so we can play this weekend with our cars before the price of 91 octane fuel hits $4.50 a gallon.

Steve and Suzanne,

Sorry to hear the bad news but I fully inderstand.

See you in Sedona in July.
Kirk P. Fletcher
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 10:52am
Have a good time for us, Kirk - sorry to miss you this time around.

Editted to add these pictures from 7:30 this morning - The Wagoneer was clearing a path so an old Airforce friend of my husband's who has been visiting this week could get his car down the road for the drive home.

The Wagoneer is a working girl, after  all.

Only about 6 inches of snow when these were taken - some drifting, and it's still coming down as I write this.  Hope you guys are drier down in the valley - and warmer.

Edited by SEdmonds - Apr/09/2011 at 10:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic