TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1974 AMX Javelin,  New wiring harness Need help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1974 AMX Javelin, New wiring harness Need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PACMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1974 AMX Javelin, New wiring harness Need help
    Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 12:59pm
Ok i just installed a new harness from americanpartsdepot.com,  but iam having some what of trouble.  There are 3 connectors that i dont know where they go.

The connector with the three wires green with tracer,  green ,  yellow.  Green and yellow go back to the starter solenoid I&S terminals.   The green with the tracer is powered on during cranking.  so it makes me believe there is a relay here ??

What about the two wire flat connector.   

ok lastly this one by the coil 

72Javelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 1:15pm
A 1974 model was required by law to have a seat belt interlock system, wherein the car wouldn't start unless the seat belts were fastened. If that wiring harness is correct for a 1974 model, those *could* be part of the interlock system. 
Jeff Reeves
Auburn, GA
AMO Technical Editor

Currently AMC-less after 30+ years
PACMAN View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PACMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the tip and you are 100 percent correct,  i just did some google search and found info.  

Well it looks like the system was not so reliable and people just bypass it.  Well i still want to know if i can get the seat belt interlock relay.  dont feel like cutting a brand new harness and also prefer the cleaner look under the hood.   If it ever fails ill know what it is and ill just bypass it on the spot. 

i found this in another website
3223099   is the part number

PACMAN View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PACMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2010 at 1:59am
Those anyone have a factory correct wiring diagram for a 74 javelin,  i searched all over the internet and cant find nothing
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2010 at 11:06am
It should be in your TSM. It is in mine for a 70 Javelin.

Do a search on ebay some thing like Classic Car Wiring as they sell large color lamineted ones, got one for my 70 Javelin. Next time I am down stairs I will check the name to be sure.

Oh if the seat belt relay goes bad you can jump it out with a wire loop. ask how I know Wink on a 75 Gremlin.
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
javelinjason View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinjason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2010 at 3:23pm
Try these

Edited by javelinjason - Oct/20/2010 at 3:26pm
-1972 Javelin SST
-1973 Javelin
-1973 Javelin AMX PC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic