TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Independent Front Suspension System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Independent Front Suspension System
    Posted: Jul/22/2010 at 5:11pm
Fellow AMCer's:

Control Freak Suspensions will unveil a bolt-in Independent Front Suspension (IFS) system at AMO International Show & Convention near Detroit next month.  We will eventually have systems that bolt in to all trunnion cars as well as post-1970 vehicles.  Our first target is the pre-1970 AMX/Javelin, followed by the big cars and the American's.  What fits the 1968-1969 AMX/Javelin's will also fit the 1970 and up vehicles.

We have lots of experience developing and building bolt-in IFS and IRS systems, making them currently for all 1962-1976 Mopars, and the new S197 Mustang.  In fact, the IFS system on the Mustang has run at Bonneville at 258 miles per hour, and at Talladega at almost 200 miles per hour.  The greatest attribute of these systems is handling, built in negative roll, and the weight savings.  For the AMC cars, we anticipate shedding somewhere from 70-90 pounds of weight up front.  Install our multi-link rear coil over system and save another 75 pounds.

All of our bolt-in IFS systems are made of DOM seamless tube with rack & pinion, coil-over shocks and disc brakes.  The systems come complete with a limited number of options, such as large brakes and powdercoating.  We will soon have price points for you.

Here are a few "spy shots."

For those going to the AMO show, we will display all of our products on an outrageous car built by Performance Unlimited.  We will be in their booth so stop by and sy hello.

Thank you for your continued support.

Al

Al Kamhi
Control Freak Suspensions
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FreakRide
Freecat1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freecat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2010 at 5:56pm
If you need a 66 American V/8 Wagon to fabricate a front on I will donate my car for mock up at very little or no cost to you for the kit itselfLOLLOL. Looks great. I hate trunnions!!!!!
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2010 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Freecat1 Freecat1 wrote:

If you need a 66 American V/8 Wagon to fabricate a front on I will donate my car for mock up at very little or no cost to you for the kit itselfLOLLOL. Looks great. I hate trunnions!!!!!

Thank you but we have a 66 American in our yard right now and we'll get to it in about three weeks.

Al
Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
Freecat1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freecat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2010 at 6:06pm
DANGCry  I will be watching. I think you will do well with these.  Good Luck>>>>

Edited by Freecat1 - Jul/22/2010 at 6:06pm
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2010 at 6:06pm
What kind of wieght savings have you seen
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2010 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

What kind of wieght savings have you seen
Hey, Mr. Sanchez...

I don't know because we have not weighed the whole system yet.  My guess is upwards of 75 pounds up front, and another 60 or so pounds if you use our 4-link coil over rear suspension.

Not bad.  With that kind of weight savings we can eat pizza every night and not worry.

Thanks for your interest, and I haven't fogotten about brakes for your mean machine.

Al
Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2010 at 9:06pm
Forgot to mention that once the IFS is unveiled in Detroit we will be taking orders for a four week delivery time.

Al
Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
2drwgn View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2drwgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2010 at 6:54am
Hey Al  Where are you adjusting the caster and camber? Also what would be the amount of positive caster avalible in this.
If the engine mounts are on the crossmember, are they avaliable in 6cyl as well as v8?
Jim
alber1x View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alber1x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2010 at 8:02am
Originally posted by 2drwgn 2drwgn wrote:

Hey Al  Where are you adjusting the caster and camber? Also what would be the amount of positive caster avalible in this.
If the engine mounts are on the crossmember, are they avaliable in 6cyl as well as v8?
Jim

Jim:

We have made a number of improvements over the stock system, including more caster.  We have built in 5 degrees of negative roll.  Positive caster is vastly improved.  The upper control arm is adjustable  ranging from +1 degree to -2 degrees of camber.  Caster is as much as +5 degrees.  Right now we are using V8 cars so we only have V8 mounts.  However, making a 6 cylinder mount would not be a big deal and we can adress that issue.  For those who are making engine swaps (blasphemy) we anticipate making engine mounts upon request.

Thanks for your interest.

Al
Al Kamhi
Winter Springs, FL

888-325-6462
407-696-2772
www.FreakRide.com
2drwgn View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2drwgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2010 at 8:50am
Thanks Al. I like more caster in mine. By the way, thats my american, and it has a 6 cyl crossmember in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic