TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MANDRA and AMC day, Cecil County Dragway, MD, 7/17
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

MANDRA and AMC day, Cecil County Dragway, MD, 7/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonedblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2010 at 4:45pm
There will be AMC racing at Cecil, please check this link....  http://potomacramblers.com
I can build an engine, but, I can't drain oil without a mess.'04Ram,'99Plym.Van,"96Exploder,'79Dodge pickup, '71Jav. '68Jav, and '90 Gold Rush trailer
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2010 at 6:06pm
Glenn Quinn , etal,  I meant No disrespect to the efforts at Cecil. It one of those get togethers I've heard a lot about and never been able to attend. I misunderstood and thought you were saying NAMDRA had some thing to due with the meet. I thought you had misspelled NAMDRA. I have happy fingers and between that and spell checking that does always give you the right word I'm very aware of misspelling and swapped words on line on these forums. These are hard times and I can only miss any effort at Cecil the best. SO , there is a MAMDRA and it's not a misspelling ??? LRDaum 
LRDaum
msbamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2010 at 6:25pm
Here is the information from the Potomac Ramblers website for Cecil:

The Great Mid-Atlantic Show and Go – 19th Annual All AMC day • Cecil County Drag Way
Saturday, July 17

HEY, THIS IS ON. YES, IT IS ON. YOU BET IT IS ON! COME OUT IN SUPPORT TO KEEP IT ON! VENDORS, BRING YOUR GREAT STUFF. SHOPPERS, COME GET WHAT YOU NEED. AMC’ERS, BRING YOUR CARS FOR THE TRACK AND FOR THE SHOW.

The Mid-Atlantic Classic AMX-AMC Club (MACAC), which for years has rented the dragway at Cecil County for the day, found themselves unable to host the All AMC Day on July 17th this year. The MACAC Club has provided over 18 years a great showcase for the cars that we love and great events that have provided fun, excitement, valuable assistance and parts for our cars, and new friends that share our passion for Kenosha iron. For those of us who have so greatly enjoyed and benefited from what MACAC has given us for so long, it is time to rally to preserve what this great club and its leaders have created. The “All AMC Day” is the greatest annual event for AMC’ers in the East.

We can expect that MACAC will continue the valuable service to its members and to our hobby in general. But for the moment, it is appropriate that others in the hobby step up to assist in preserving the “institution” of “All AMC Day” because of its value to our AMC hobby in the region. Stepping up at this time means attending this year’s event just days away. Come to vend, come to shop, come to exhibit your car, come to demonstrate what your car can do on the track, come to be a spectator of all of the amazing things to see when the AMC community gathers together. Your participation and my participation in these ways will preserve the vitality of our hobby in the very ways that the “All AMC Day” event has for eighteen years. A good showing of cars—on display and on the track—attracts people and builds enthusiasm. Enthusiasm builds interest in preserving the cars which increases demand for parts and information. Demand for parts and information encourages the attendance of vendors, which in turn yields more preserved and restored cars. This brings us around the circle to building more enthusiasm and the cycle continues.   

The track owners and management have decided to open the track for “test and tune” July 17th and they will run the operation. They have agreed to allow us to be there to put on the show and have the vendors come in to sell their stuff. AMC powered cars will be performing on the track.

Here is what is unchanged:
        Admission: Everyone entering the grounds, whether they are spectators, racers, car exhibitors, vendors or shoppers, pays $10 admission.
    Show Registration: If you also want to be in the show, pay an additional $10 after admission ($20 total just as in previous years).
    Drag Racing Time Trials: Paying the track-use fee and passing technical inspection enables you to make all the trial runs you can within the time available.
    Bracket Drag Racing Eliminations: AMC cars racing AMC cars.
    Be impressed by the AMC Performers: Watch the Kenosha Iron Haulers.
    Show and Go: You can elect to both run on the track and be in the show.
    Vending: Vendors can vend their goodies by paying only the admission fee of $10 and no more as in previous years.
    Food: Lunch and drinks will be available for purchase

Here is what is different:
    Fee for Running on the track: If you want to run time trials on the track, it is an additional $25 instead of an additional $55 as in previous years. This is a cost reduction of $30.
    Some non-AMC cars running time trials: The number of these cars is not expected to be overwhelming by track officials because they have only 8 days to publicize the track being open to the public for “test and tune”.
    Gamblers’ Race Pot: The payout to class race winners will not be available, but a “gamblers race pot” will be formed for those AMC racers wishing to participate, if track time is available.
    Trophy Awards for AMC Powered Classes: Trophies for first and second place in each of three bracket classes (Class 1-“Super”, Class 2- “Heavy” and Class 3- “Street” with no slicks or drag radials). Trophy awards, if not determined by eliminations (track time availability is uncertain), will be based on best ET average compared with “dial-in” for 2 official runs.

CHECK THE POTOMAC RAMBLERS WEB SITE www.potomacramblers.com FOR UPDATES   

FOR INFORMATION OR OFFERS OF ASSISTANCE, CONTACT HARLEY SMITH 410-849-8756 or <adoptedup@verizon.net>
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2010 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by mramc mramc wrote:

SO , there is a MAMDRA and it's not a misspelling ??? LRDaum 

http://www.mandraracing.com/
A0M190Y View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A0M190Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by FuzzFace2 FuzzFace2 wrote:

Originally posted by A0M190Y A0M190Y wrote:

Man, this really stinks.  I just finished the modifications to run slicks this year.  I only run the car once a year as it is.  Is anyone still going?  The car show and swap meet are still on.   What a shame....
IIRC it was $60 to race and there might of been a "buy back"? I think the T&T is $35 and you can still make as many passes as you want. Other T&T you get 3 maybe 4 passes. I say go and make passes and get your yearly fix then let use know how it went.
Dave ----

Big difference between what it was to be and what it will be.  If I wanted to bracket race with a bunch of Chevy gabones, I would drive 1 hour to Island Dragway in NJ.  I always liked Cecil for the AMC only crowd.  It is a 3 hour drive for me to Cecil and I really don't think it's worth it for just another day at the track. 

I'm sure it's too late now but in case it's not, I'm in for $250 donation to help get this thing back from the dead.  How short were these guys?  $1000?   $10,000 ,  $1 million?  If there had been some outreach, we probably could have saved it.
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2010 at 8:20pm
Well yes, some things changed about the go & show recently. But, it's still an opportunity to enjoy a great day (vendors, car show and some form of racing). I hope everyone will continue to support this show. It is suspected that due to the rapid changes in the track portion of the event that the general public ( chevy's, ford, etc..) has very little notice or time to plan to attend on this date. I still suspect the event to be an All-AMC day for the most part.
Comparision. I attended the ALL-MOPAR show at Mason- Dixon dragway and the track was open to non-Mopar for tune & testing. There were very few non-Mopars, therefore I personally did not think a few passes by non-Mopars took away from the show.
The recent changes may be small set-back, with little or no time to fix the issue this year, but I think it will be resolved by next year if everyone still supports this show.
Thanks
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic