TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Comp Roller Lifters Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73XBGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2010 at 9:28pm
Forest, any new developments on the Crower lifters yet?
Red Devil View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 11:38am
... bump for update on the Crower lifter?
JD View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Red Devil Red Devil wrote:

... bump for update on the Crower lifter?

?
SKeown View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 10:31am

I understand that Johnson Lifter Co has completed their AMC solid & hydraulic roller lifters and they are availiable now for sale. The pictures I've seen look good and have addressed the issue everyone is concerned about.

SKeown
73XBGT View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73XBGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2010 at 10:52am

SKeown,

Where can we get some info (pics/prices/dimensions, etc) on these Johnson lifters?  I couldn't find much on the net.
SKeown View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2010 at 11:18am

Randy Guynn (Performance American Style) posted info & pictures on Hornet_x's AMC Drag Racing site.

SKeown
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2010 at 8:21pm
I was at the AMO meet in Michigan, They had a rep there and looks like the real deal. Problem solved. Jonson lifters  contact Joe Lewis product manager 1-800-860-4233 Taylor MI or Email  jlewis 5226 @aol.com, Joe is a really nice guy. He spent a lot of time talking to me and others and explaining the correction and the benefits of Johnson lifters over other brands and I agree they do like a very high Quality piece. A little bit more in cost but problem appears to be solved.

Allan 
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
73XBGT View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73XBGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:18am

Judging from the pics, it appears that the length of the lifter skirt is still about the same as the old Crane or the new Comp Cams lifters.  It does not fully shroud the roller wheel.  So wouldn't the Johnson lifters still have the same "oil bleed-off" problem as the others do with cams approaching .700 valve lift.  Would still have to bush the lifter bores to avoid dumping oil pressure at max lift. 

Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:37am
What pics are you looking at?  the new lifter extend deep over the rollers and eliminate the bleed off with all other lifters.

Allan
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
73XBGT View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73XBGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2010 at 6:56am

My bad....I went back and looked at the pics again on http://amcdragracing.freeforums.org/post7182.html#p7182

You're right - oil pressure problem solved for higher lift camsSmile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic