TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

brake4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorqueyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brake4
    Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 6:42pm

Nope

Edited by TorqueyAMX - Jan/14/2011 at 11:04pm
Nashty401 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nashty401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 7:44pm
Looks interesting especially if they can devise a setup for both suspensions and both drum to disc and factory disc to disc conversions.
prostreetamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 7:45pm
I've been looking into this for a few years now. The easiest way to make this kit would be with a currently available disc, hat and caliper. They would only need to produce a flat aluminum bracket that bolts on behind the bolt on spindle and possible a copy of a drum brake hub, or a factory drum brake hub. I have several loose spindles and a few of those drum hubs I've been working with. I was looking into the Cobra 13" rotars and calipers with an adaptor bracket, bolted to the existing Kelsey Hayes mount. Since I only have 16" wheels so far, the 13" brakes will have to wait until I go back to work. I think the Scarbird kit would already take care of the stock size brake crowd and I personally believe a larger size aftermarket type would have some demand, but I'm not a resto guy.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

77 Prostreet 401/727 AMX,

[/URL]
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 8:00pm
And look out for RM-----------Clown
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 8:07pm
I also think it would require engineering and manufacturing a bracket, the rest should be off the shelf parts from some other application. I think there would be limited interest. Most of the AMCs have stock or nearly stock sized wheels, and factory setups are relatively easy to locate and work well. Oversized setups are not available as factory parts, but not many of the cars are wearing oversized wheels. Overall I think there would be some interest but whether there would be enough to make it feasible would be a function of how much it cost.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

And look out for RM-----------Clown

Anything over a hundred installed will be a hard sell.LOL
Red Devil View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 8:57pm
Interested.  Currently running 15" stock car wheels which have more brake clearance than typical factory wheels.   Car is a '74 Javelin AMX.  17" wheels would be the typical plan for a good performance street tire.  
- front hat type rotors
- rear hat-type w/ internal drum parking brake
- caliper mounting brakets for 3.5" lug mount calipers (GNIII, Superlite, Dynalite, etc.)
- AMC should be easier to do than some others because of the bolt-on spindles. 
- good if they made a stronger front spindle to fit one of their existing hubs ... maybe with an offset for lowering
- rotors .. depends on wheels, but shouldn't be difficult to have optional brackets.

Thanks! RD.
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 9:05pm
Very interested. I believe there will be a pretty good market for these if they are made very complete and bolt on. No scavenging parts from here and there. I think there are plenty of people running 17" wheels on the Javelin and AMX's. I have 17's on my American Wagon even. I have been waiting for quite a while for someone to make a complete bolt on 4 wheel disc set-up for my 68' AMX. I probably know 2-3 other people locally that would also be interested. Thanks for finally taking the initiative! Keep us posted...Ty
GJSZ51 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJSZ51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2010 at 8:18am
I would be interested for a least one of my 68 AMX. My 69 I will leave the stock discs on and, I would be interested for my 71.
GJS

Peter Marano View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Marano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2010 at 8:24am
I would buy a replacement caliper that would bolt on and use the existing four piston mount and rotor.  Bonus points if it looks like the original caliper!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic