TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

brake4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brake4
    Posted: Aug/07/2010 at 9:43am
Hey Torquey, don't be sorry! I am just very happy they are building them at all. Just was looking for an update if any info was available. I work in a fabrication shop also, so I understand what it takes to get these things started.
I will say again, I hope they offer a group buy or Forum member discount on the first run for all the help and info they received. And thank you again for all you did in helping get that info to them. Looking forward to the release date! Later...Ty
TorqueyAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorqueyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by 6t8amxetc 6t8amxetc wrote:

Any news on these lately. We may be needing a couple setups. Thanks...

Sorry. They are working on them but it seems like things don't move fast over there and it's been frustrating. I even got them a complete rear axle for them to play with. I would pressure them more but don't want to get my friend who works there in trouble. Beyond digitizing, there's the engineering process, then prototyping, then a Technical Writer has to write the instructions, then the manufacturing process.

6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 7:05am
Any news on these lately. We may be needing a couple setups. Thanks...
mikeross View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2010 at 12:42am
This is pretty interesting. I just read this post and its really been a while. I think that if they decide to make this brake disc it would do good in the market. I have the 17"wheels on my Javelin. Hoping to know more about this. thanks Smile

Edited by mikeross - Jul/05/2010 at 11:41pm
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2010 at 9:29pm
I should check the FedEx tracking number to see if they got the spindle Confused
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
TinMan View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2010 at 7:28pm
Awesome, thanks for the update!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorqueyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2010 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

Hey Torquey,
Any update from Wilwood on this?

The Wilwood kits HAVE been approved and they are on the list for production!Clap

I am trying to find out where they are in the pecking order and should know something by next week.

TinMan View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2010 at 6:04pm
Hey Torquey,
Any update from Wilwood on this?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorqueyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2010 at 5:13pm
QUESTION?

Does anybody have a '67 or '68 any model with the original factory Bendix 4 piston disc brakes?

If so, I need some verification on something. I would like to verify the spindle pad thickness for those particular years.  

Edited by TorqueyAMX - Apr/29/2010 at 8:54pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorqueyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2010 at 2:35pm
I got the word today from the Engineer at Wilwood that the engineering process is in the loop and work will begin this week or next. They are toying with a few cool options for the base 11 inch kit and most likely will even work with 14 inch Magnums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic