TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Still doing something

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaselbeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still doing something
    Posted: Jan/27/2010 at 11:06am
I'll bet folks are aware of these guys, maybe not. ABC in Burlington, Iowa. 319-752-0203. I hope that is the correct number. Story is he was an AMC dealer who started a salvage yard after closing the dealership. He was primarily into AMC, but has darn near anything, from old Caddies to English Fords. I bought stuff from him for a 59 Olds, and he has the most tremendous collection of old cars for parts imaginable. He gave me everything I wanted from the dash area for 150. If you are having a hard time locating something, give it a call. He had stacks of some stuff, and brand new 232's crated, 6 of those at the time. I remember a stack of Rambler floor pans head high for a single model. This guy had hundreds of cars. Hope it helps someone. I think this all got started because he had a considerable inventory when he closed the dealership. There is a repair shop in Burlington with the same name or close, make sure you have the folks listed on Florence ave.
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2010 at 12:09pm
very cool and great to know. Those floor pans will hopefully help a lot a American and Rogue owners if that is what they are for.  Wish I'd known about them sooner...would have saved me a ton of time and trouble.
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
matadorsst View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matadorsst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2010 at 3:31pm
Wow, thanks for posting this thread, called these guys up and they seem to have quite a few parts for my 73' Matador, and the guy i talked to was really nice, not like most other yards ive called - like one auto yard i called in canada - guy was a total ass, i asked him if he had some rust free sheet metal for my car, said he did, the i asked him a price and he said quote : "Whel if your worried about the price im not even gonna bother talking to you" which he then hung up on me, which is no where near the case at all with ABC Salvage, and like i said really nice guys, and they seem very willing to help you out in any way they can - Talk about southern hospitality - lol - Plus they dont mind phone calls, they actually incourage them - ( 200 + cars to "Pick" from )
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/l_55ab1c262b2b4cb591f7b0b769ef9fe4.jpg

1973 AMC Matador - Custom Ram Air !!!

2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Turbo !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic