TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AMCs needed for Hilton Head Car Club Jamboree Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMCs needed for Hilton Head Car Club Jamboree Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMCs needed for Hilton Head Car Club Jamboree Show
    Posted: Jan/17/2010 at 8:54am
Last November I had both of my cars in the Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance show, and they both won awards.  The show on Sunday is preceded by a show they call their "Car Club Jamboree" when they invite different car clubs to display their rides.  After last years show I asked them if they would consider an AMC club and they said they would very much like to.  This is the response I got when I made my inquiry:

James,
Paul Doerring forwarded me your email asking about being in next year's Jamboree. The short answer is "You bet". We are always looking out for new clubs to participate. The main difference between Sat & Sun is that we invite Clubs to come and they select their cars while on Sunday the cars get invited. Most Sat. invites are for 10-15 cars and then people let us know how many would like to come. We generally do not look for individual cars for Sat. but Concours participants are always welcome (we park you with another club for the day). The AACA from Asheville who attended on Sat. started out the same way you are asking. A Palmetto Award winner from last year asked about the CCJ and they brought 8 great cars this year.
I will add you to the list of invites for next year (so you can start recruiting now). That process usually starts about May/June, so look for an email from us then.
We are looking forward to having an AMC Club at the event.
Thanks for asking.
Bill Schmitt

So it seems like we (AMC) will get the invite.  My challange now is to put together some cars to bring to this show, I really want a diverse aray if possible, not just AMXs.  While we are asking local AMCers down here in the South I would also like to check with forum members to see if anyone is interested in joining this endevor.  The Hilton Head show is one of the top concours events in the country and something I think any car nut should experience.  The Saturday show (November 6th by the way) also gives awards out as well.  If you are interested and would like to join in please make your commitment real, we will have a wonderful opportunity to show our AMCs at a very high end venue and I think we should take full advandage of the opportunity.  And what I am concerned with is that if and when we do get the invite and cannot get people interested AMC will never get invited again.  Don't let Kenosha down!!!  

After we show our cars on Saturday you will want to stay around for the Sunday show to see some of the finest cars in the world.  Major sponsers of this event are companies such as BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, etc and they have their newest cars on hand for anyone to test drive.  The Hilton Head staff puts on one of the most well run shows I have ever seen, they go out of they way to make all participents feel very welcome, a truly wonderful experience. 

Please let me know if you would be interested in joining this group in November

Here is the Hilton Head web site to see more: http://www.hhiconcours.com/index.php

Edited by cali201 - Jan/17/2010 at 8:57am
crazy4amc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy4amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2010 at 3:54pm
Tongue Hey Cali, I have a 1973 hornet x that was restored in 1984 looks great as a parade car and paint is still nice and shiny since it stayed inside a barn in Pa ever since but is by no means concours quality, also I have 1980 spirit dl with gt magnum wheels and rear spoiler again very beautiful car and paint less that 3 months old and all interior re-dyed and or replaced but again not show quality but beautiful car, finally I have 61 american wagon with repairs started. I would be interested in driving at least one and maybe 2 but if you are looking show quality these are not. If you want us there keep me in the loop and give me heads up before the show.
Crazy4amc
cali201 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2010 at 6:40pm
Well we could probably use one, we can wait and see what we get and what we need and choose one down the line.  Which car would you choose?  Thanks

Edited by cali201 - Jan/17/2010 at 6:41pm
underdog View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote underdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2010 at 6:45pm
Jim:
 Please if possible enter my 1971 Trans Am Javelin for this show. If I can't make it in person, I will release the car to you or George to make sure it is there and shown. It will at it's best and ready to ride and drive and show. Let me know if this is possible.
Steve
1970 Torino King Cobra
1969 SS396/375 Chevelle
2005 SSR 6.0 HO
2005 Dodge (Rumble Bee)
1963 Manta Ray Spyder
1965 Manx Dune Buggy

1970 Ford Torino King Cobra(protot
cali201 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2010 at 6:51pm
Thanks Steve, I will be taking one of my cars and not sure what George will be doing.  Jeff Puras thinks they are racing that weekend but if not I know Jeff said he would go which would leave George free.  While that is a heck of an offer I personally would not want to take responsibility for such an awsome piece of work, so hopefully you can be free to go.
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2010 at 8:43pm
Cali....I've been looking for interesting shows to attend and this sound very cool.  I actually like the idea of a show in November because by then it's over for the year up here in the North.   I also sent my information to them for the Sunday show ( would love to get invited to that!!)   Either way it would be a fun trip and a nice way to end the show season for me.  
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

cali201 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2010 at 9:06pm

Well they seem to like AMC last year so I will keep my fingers crossed for your car to be invited for the Sunday show.   Does this mean you would come down for the Saturday show regardless?  Shall I pencil you in?   For the first time I looked at your signature---AMX clone???

crazy4amc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy4amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2010 at 5:56pm
I would pick the spirit. Thanks
Crazy4amc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic