TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Husky 36" Wide Stainless Steel Tool Chest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkarisny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Husky 36" Wide Stainless Steel Tool Chest
    Posted: Jan/03/2010 at 12:28pm
I'm thinking about picking up this set.

Husky 36" Wide Stainless Steel Tool Chest

The top is selling for $319 and the bottom for $429, pretty reasonable I think.

I checked them out, and they seem really solid to me. Does anyone have any experience with this box?

You can do things the right way or the wrong way.

Or you can do it MY way...which is like the wrong way, only faster.
KermitDRambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KermitDRambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2010 at 12:42pm
I have a 3 piece Husky box (mine is painted) and it seems to be pretty good. I've had it for about 8 years and my only complaint is I didn't go big enough. The only thing I would worry about is what it's going to look like covered in grease. The finish looks like it's brushed and that is going to be tough to keep clean.

Matt
1967 American wagon

http://www.mattsoldcars.com
jkarisny View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkarisny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 1:07pm
Tool Boxes aren't for getting dirty, they are for looking at!  Big smile

bmdjmd View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmdjmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 6:43pm

I have a stainless box thats about half the size again of the one you posted and its IMPOSSIBLE to keep looking nice. I love the quality of mine, very sturdy. Good luck with your decision it took me 3 months to decide on the one i did buy.

1963 American Rambler 220

1962 American Rambler 400

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bmdjmd2
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by KermitDRambler KermitDRambler wrote:

I have a 3 piece Husky box (mine is painted) and it seems to be pretty good. I've had it for about 8 years and my only complaint is I didn't go big enough. The only thing I would worry about is what it's going to look like covered in grease. The finish looks like it's brushed and that is going to be tough to keep clean.

Matt

Stainless is tougher to keep clean than painted steel???  No doubt your new line of carbon steel with red enamel paint kitchen knives will be a huge seller and make stainless knives obsolete (since stainless is so tough to clean) LOL 

Tool boxes covered with grease?  Ok, not sure why but wipe it down with paint thinner.  Easy on stainless but eventually removes that red paint. 

And yes, all my tool chests are painted.  I have three roll arounds.  I would trade for the same in stainless in a second.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 7:08pm
shoot, carb cleaner, brake cleaner, solvents, you name it, you can use it to wipe that baby down.
Try that with your painted box..............
Windex keeps kitchen stainless appliances clean..........
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 7:27pm
I have 2 roll arounds and they are not enough
jkarisny View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkarisny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Steve_P Steve_P wrote:

Originally posted by KermitDRambler KermitDRambler wrote:

Matt

Stainless is tougher to keep clean than painted steel???  No doubt your new line of carbon steel with red enamel paint kitchen knives will be a huge seller and make stainless knives obsolete (since stainless is so tough to clean) LOL 

Tool boxes covered with grease?  Ok, not sure why but wipe it down with paint thinner.  Easy on stainless but eventually removes that red paint. 

And yes, all my tool chests are painted.  I have three roll arounds.  I would trade for the same in stainless in a second.

That's kinda what I was thinking, So I ordered it today! But the top chest is no longer sold online...booo! Now I have to actually leave the house and pick it up.

jkarisny View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkarisny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 7:35pm
Here is a better picture of it.....ooooooooooh.......ahhhhhhhhh!!!! 

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2010 at 11:51pm
I picked up a 42" Torin from Costco for 600 and so far so good. It has the black crinkle type finish which has been easy to maintain. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic