TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

FAST EZ-EFI Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 8:45am
Great job, glad it works well for you!!
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 10:09am

Great to hear it runs good and getting better each time out. Do you think your MPG changed much and if so how?

Would you mine listing the part numbers you use for the kit & any add ons you got? I want to add this to my “want list” and like to have all the info.

Thanks

Dave ----

TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 10:52am
I bought the 60227 Master Kit from Atlantic Speed -- just over $1900.00 shipped to my door.

I bought a new repro sending unit and a repro gas tank from APD -- Just over $500.00 shipped to my door (you won't need either of these if yours are in decent shape).

I got the AMC NOS water outlet (AMC part #3238508) off Ebay about a year ago, and don't remember what I paid -- probably like $25.00 shipped (if your manifold already has a bung for 3/8 NPT, you won't need this either...).

I modded my existing thermostat (was nearly new), but you could replace it if you wanted to.

I spent probably another $30.00 on shop supplies and little stuff like metal screws to mount the ECU and Regulator, a relay to feed full 12V from the battery to the "switched 12v" input to the ECU, wire ties, and a few crimp-on connectors to hook up the relay and feed wire from under the dash as well as the primary + and - wires from the ECU directly to the battery terminals.

Altogether, that's less than $2500.00 (and less than $2K if you don't need the tank/sender).

Edited by whizkidder - Dec/21/2009 at 10:54am
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 11:03am

Thanks I went back thru the posts and the first one did say Master Kit and from who, what a dummy I am ;) I had my tank done a few years ago and a new sender at the time too so just need to add the return. That is the EZ part coming up with the $$ is the hard part.

Again great job & thanks again.

Dave ----

TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 11:23am
This whole thing is very intriquing to me but one thing I didn't see mentioned was why you opted to go back to the stock intake rather than keep the dual plane.  Regardless of how the fuel is supplied, I would think that a performance intake would increase the overall performance with fuel injection just like it would with a carb. 

What factors contributed to your decision to go back to the stock intake? Also, did you consider substituting a Machine intake rather than the stock 70 intake?
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 11:46am
Originally posted by amx39068 amx39068 wrote:

What factors contributed to your decision to go back to the stock intake? Also, did you consider substituting a Machine intake rather than the stock 70 intake?

Dan, that would be a whole 'nuther thread -- I'll send you a PM.
Ron Frost
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 12:37pm
My guess on the images is in the name:
To me, this indicates a very long name with a space and some browsers simply don't deal with a special character in the name - the &amp - I'd have to look up. Some browsers don't play well with such things and since IE isn't a standards based browser it would work while the standards-based browsers, Firefox, Mozilla, etc. probably or might not work..........
src="http://theamcforum.com/forum/uploads/657/2009-12-16_Fuel_Sender_Mod_&amp_Install_091_Medium.jpg" 

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 12:41pm
Yup - check this out (it's the file name doing it):

http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp

Ampersands (&'s) in URLs

Another common error occurs when including a URL which contains an ampersand ("&"):

<!-- This is invalid! --> <a href="foo.cgi?chapter=1&section=2&copy=3&lang=en">...</a>

This example generates an error for "unknown entity section" because the "&" is assumed to begin an entity reference. Browsers often recover safely from this kind of error, but real problems do occur in some cases. In this example, many browsers correctly convert &copy=3 to ©=3, which may cause the link to fail. Since &lang; is the HTML entity for the left-pointing angle bracket, some browsers also convert &lang=en to 〈=en. And one old browser even finds the entity &sect;, converting &section=2 to §ion=2.

To avoid problems with both validators and browsers, always use &amp; in place of & when writing URLs in HTML:

<a href="foo.cgi?chapter=1&amp;section=2&amp;copy=3&amp;lang=en">...</a>

Note that replacing & with &amp; is only done when writing the URL in HTML, where "&" is a special character (along with "<" and ">"). When writing the same URL in a plain text email message or in the location bar of your browser, you would use "&" and not "&amp;". With HTML, the browser translates "&amp;" to "&" so the Web server would only see "&" and not "&amp;" in the query string of the request.

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 1:02pm
So... Do I need to re-name all my pictures?
Ron Frost
910 nine two two 0563

needafasterAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote needafasterAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 1:35pm
I have not been a IE or windblows user in a long time. I was able to use Konqueror to see the pictures.
Thanks
74 AMX, 401
Viper spec T56 6 speed trans
Hydroboost brakes with rear disks from a Avenger
3:73 TG rear,now Trutrac with 3:15
A Turbo is in my future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic