TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

FAST EZ-EFI Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HURSTSSAMX69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 10:11am
Sweetness! Glad it works good, I'm sure the few set back's are expected on new system.

Sounds like it once fine tuned you end up with nice running unit ? ? ?
Mike
1953 REO M48 w/w.
1962 GMC C3000.
1966 Rambler Classic.
1969 AMC AMX-390.
1982 Chevy C30 diesel.

slownugly View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slownugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 2:36pm
im doing the swap this weekend on my v8 focus. instead of the throttle body kit i went with the multiport retrofit kit and pieced together the necessary hardware to do that. its on a small block ford but ill see how it goes.
28 model a                  73 gremlin drag car

74 gremlin project

00focus v8 5speed

hot rod rollback
68 american mpg project
Traveller View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 2:49pm

I know that this is a bit late in the game for your install, but there are other options for fuel pickup.  There's now (as of this weekend) an in-tank pump option from FAST, and there's also custom tanks that already have fuel injection wells with pumps in them available.  It's a bit more money, but then they don't aerate the fuel by returning right near the pickup, don't starve under acceleration or cornering and are already setup for the level sender and return.  They have a baffled well around the pump like the newer factory cars do.  Basically a bolt-in option.  The tanks aren't cheap at around $1000 or so, but that includes the pump and sender for fuel injection already installed.  Plus, the tanks are TIG welded stainless steel so look nice and will continue to look nice. 

whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 4:29pm
I knew about the fuel problem, but I had just sprung for a new repop tank, and didn't want to alter anything on the car I didn't have to.
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic