TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Pierre Cardin Interior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abndanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pierre Cardin Interior
    Posted: Nov/21/2009 at 4:23am
Well, as most of you know this appears to be a hard material to find to restore your American beauty back to originality. I currently have a 73 AMX Javelin going through a full restoration. I have located a lot of parts to get her back to originality, but to find the PC bolt to to the interior is becoming nerve racking task at best!!!! I would hate to have the AMX all restored with faded interior.

I have contacted Doug @ SMS and he keeps telling me they will make a run of it soon. But it has been over 6 months.

Does anyone have any leads or contacts to find the material necessary to restore my American beauty?

Thanks,

Bob
" LIVING THE AMX DREAM"
1973 AMX Javelin Pierre Cardin
1973 AMX Javelin Barnfind "Wifes"
Teamamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teamamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2009 at 9:16am
There is  someone in calgary working on Manafacturing the complete PC interior as a kit.
They will be using the 1 NOS sheet of Material I have and my interior to make the kits.
No Idea on cost yet but I will add you to the list.
Bryan
abndanger View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abndanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2009 at 12:43pm
Hey Bryan,

Thanks for the information and adding me to your list. It would be nice for someone to reproduce the fabric. There are a lot of us looking for the material and I believe it will be profitable for them. Keep me posted as to your results. Also, they give you an expected time?

Thanks for your time,

Bob

" LIVING THE AMX DREAM"
AfroMan2326 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroMan2326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2009 at 10:40am
I've heard about redying the fabrics so the colors are bright again but im not sure how well that works
1973 Pierre Cardin Javelin
PlumJavelin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlumJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2010 at 5:41am
Redying is a problem if I understand the process correctly.  Because of the special nylon fabric, dying requires a heat treating process in order for the color to be absorbed into the cloth.  I would also like to be added to the PC new cloth list.  I am considering having a duplicate leather set made.

Why won't this thing turn over...?

'72 SST Javelin "Young Turq"

'72 SST PC Javelin "PlumCrush"

2010 Winner of the prestigious AMO "Golden Hook" Award
chainsaw39 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chainsaw39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2010 at 3:46am
please add me to the list as well
1969 amx 390 auto go-pak

1970 rebel machine 4spd

1973 pierre cardin javelin 401

mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2010 at 6:12am
How many yards of material does it take to do a set of front seats?  Back seats?  I would think most headliners would be Ok....Whats the materials fair market value these days???  I remember my boys standing and jumping up and down on the backseat of my new 73 Pierre Javelin, and one incident that was a lot worse than that, had to evacuate the vehicle, but that stuff was really tough and cleaned up easily and nicely....Bob
Thankyou....Bob
abndanger View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abndanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2010 at 3:03am
Right now I have my Pierre Cardin buckets and back seats being done at the upholstery shop. I believe it is either 9 or 10 yards to do the seats. When you purchase the material it is sold as a (bolt). As for a price on the material (if you can find it) can run any where from $1,200 and up!! It took me over a year to locate the material.
" LIVING THE AMX DREAM"
open 800 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote open 800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2010 at 9:57pm

New to the site, Just found it

What is the pierre cardin interior?
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2010 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by open 800 open 800 wrote:

New to the site, Just found it

What is the pierre cardin interior?

Run a search or two. There are pictures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic