TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My AMX finally going for paint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2010 at 5:31pm
Can we get a group discount? Tongue 

A friend of mine worked on the Red Green show maybe he can help! 
Kevin

Edited by AMX North - Feb/11/2010 at 5:33pm
70 AMX/390/Auto Hialeah yellow/Shadow Mask,           Kevin Jones

sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2010 at 7:41pm
and duct tape comes in colors now!!!  .......
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2010 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by sidewinder sidewinder wrote:

and duct tape comes in colors now!!!  .......
The true AMCer comes out LOL

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2010 at 7:19am
Originally posted by AMX North AMX North wrote:

Can we get a group discount? Tongue 

A friend of mine worked on the Red Green show maybe he can help! 
Kevin

Man I LOVE that show! Thankfully, our local PBS station, IPTV, shows that show two times every Saturday night.........
And they made several bus trips up to the show, and there was a special Iowa show!
(loved the comment about the visitors ignoring their leaders - their from Iowa!)
AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2010 at 8:34am

I love the show also but my wife not so much. It was definately a man show.

I am a man I can change ,If I have too.Wink

Kevin

ArnieG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArnieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2010 at 3:57pm
Hi Kevin tried to send you a pm your mail is full, how's the beast coming along?

Edited by ArnieG - Mar/04/2010 at 4:02pm
Cape Cod, MA.
1970 AMX frost white/shadow mask
AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by ArnieG ArnieG wrote:

Hi Kevin tried to send you a pm your mail is full, how's the beast coming along?
 Thanks Arnie ! It should be clear now.
I have not seen the car for a couple of weeks but I am going to stop in and see where they are at with it. I really want it back now the weather is starting to get nice and it will be no problem to keep the garage heated.
The last time I saw the car they still had to finish buffing it out ,Adjust the hood and fix around the door jambs where the paint stuck and peeled off. I figured two to three days of work and it should be done but that was two weeks ago.
 I have the passenger seat done but the drivers seat is still in the car so I can`t even finish the seatsOuch. This weekend I will post some pics of the work I did on the pass seat and believe me it was  not much fun to put the new cover on but I think it turned out decent for my first time.

How are you making out with your car ? Hopefully better than me.
Kevin

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2010 at 8:12pm
Kevin....
Can't wait to see your seat job.  I'm still waiting for my covers from Ledgendary.  Im going away all next week so I'm hoping to get right at them when I get back.  What kind of hog ring plyers do you have?   Straight?  Angled?  would it be worth me getting some angled ones?  I think the ones I ordered are just regular straight ones.   Your the leader at this point.....LOL...
My car is done....picking her up tomorrow.   gonna be hard to be away for a week when I waited all winter to get her home again!! 

AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2010 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by sidewinder sidewinder wrote:

Kevin....
Can't wait to see your seat job.  I'm still waiting for my covers from Ledgendary.  Im going away all next week so I'm hoping to get right at them when I get back.  What kind of hog ring plyers do you have?   Straight?  Angled?  would it be worth me getting some angled ones?  I think the ones I ordered are just regular straight ones.   Your the leader at this point.....LOL...
My car is done....picking her up tomorrow.   gonna be hard to be away for a week when I waited all winter to get her home again!! 
Some vacation ,you will be just wishing you were back home working on the car LOL
Just think of it as insurance when your wife says you spend all your time with that car "But dear"Wink
Get an angled set of hog ring pliers and  the straight ones(I used both) and I don`t know if they make them but a set of long nosed would have come in very handy (No one local had anything like that) .
 I hate to tell you this Chuck but I ordered my covers with all my other parts from Kennedy in Oct and did not see them until Feb . The seat covers came from Legendary through Kennedy and I think they were the hold up on the order. So I would keep after Legendary so maybe they will get them to you sooner( Just a thought).

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2010 at 9:39am
Thanks for ther heads up....I have caslled them and they said the covers would be shipped out but the end of this week.  They should be here waiting for me when I return.   I think I'll try to get an angled pair of pliers too.  I haven't seen any long ones but I would guess they make them??
Did you do leather or vinyl?   The only reason I'm doing mine is to go with leather.     

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic