TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Racecar building

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 7:10pm
my Javelin American Iron build has officially started.  I've started a build thread on the nasa forums: http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36584

here's a pic of the current state of the car.  goes to the cage builder next week...

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
'75 Grm, '62 Amer, '70/'71 Jav - projects
GreggR View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreggR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 7:59pm
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

ASIFNYC...can't wait to see how this goes...

Thanks for starting this and good luck...
No matter where you go, there you are... Buckaroo Banzai.'75 Hornet Hatchback
AMX1972 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 7:55pm
Nice!  I'm subscribing to follow this.. I'd like to do some upgrades to mine and maybe eventually do some autocross in it, I'm helping a buddy build a 95 Mustang for either CMC or AI, not sure which yet, and I autocross my 94, but the 72 AMX is the real project :) 
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2010 at 7:33pm
get on it!  where you are you located???

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2010 at 11:07pm
Check my blog or the Nasa forums build thread for the latest but here's a quick update:

- car is at the cage builders as of sep. 10th
- 9" floater rear ordered today
- fuel cell has already arrived at the cage builder's shop
- wheels/tires are bought, mounted/balanced/shaved
- freakride IFS was ordered a while ago and should be here by the end of sept.

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 10:35pm

main hoop is going in!

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
JavMD View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2010 at 7:55am
GREAT...    I'm jealous !   ( I have NO time to work on my 79 AMX that I race only for fun at Nelson Ledges (cloned into a 79 AMX that raced at Norburgring by Amos Johnson in 1979 sponsored by BF Goodrich).

I couldn't even get BF Goodrich to be interested in discounting me race tires or even decals !   (Terrible !).. so   I left anything related from original 79 Norburgring Race of BFG off the car !

I'm very interested in this project.. please keep everyone updated.    I too bought a roll bar last year but again yet to put anytime into the car (due to extreme work and economic situation).

Thanks very much !
Bruce
BDR
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2010 at 11:31pm
hey JavMD, you gotta MAKE time.  it's all about priorities. we're not getting any younger! LOL

got any pics of your AMX?  post 'em up!

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 1:23am
you guys want race car builds?  check this out!  Cool bowdown
more details here: http://asifnyc.com/?p=646

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
JavMD View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 7:00am
I sure am NOT getting any younger !  I would love to make my 79 AMX a priority and my 70 Javelin (rust free out of california).    Unfortunately about 20% of the population got caught in the economic downturn along with businesses.    Being self employed, I was one of them.   This summer I was fortunate to land a job but 70 miles from my house,   lost 3 hours a day driving, ruined my driver vehicle and leaving me no time to tinker on my car.   I lost 2010 to just barely making a living.   (I did sell my 72 Lemans (GTO cloned) Pontiac,  needed cash).

BUT the good news... I just landed a permanent job (and at 58 I'm lucky !), just 25 miles from my house,  the bad news, have to work at the Connecticut office for a few weeks (months?), before transferring to the local office !

So... heres to 2011 for getting back to my putting in a high performance 360 in my 79 AMX.

I'm not very computer literate so I have no idea how to place pictures on here.

My 79 AMX looks just like the 79 Nurburgring AMXs.    See the youtube 79 AMX nurburgring.

I was very fortunate in 2009 to NOT only see the #1 car at Scott Campbells house near Cleveland (Northcoast AMC club) but also locate the #2 car in Minnesota.  and While on business there,  got my self invited to that guys house to NOT only get a bunch of detailed pictures but also RIDE in it.   I can't recall his name right this second but have his business card, (the business which he sold).  He raced #2 at some vintage races and those can be seen on youtube also.

My son and I raced our 79 AMX at Nelson Ledges (just on Fun Day) for novices... last Oct and wow... slight rain mist on the track in the morning but cleared up by noon.   What a RUSH !   wish I would have done it 20 years ago.    lol,    now my youngest has graduated college,   I can attend to all my hobbies I have wanted to do over the years !!!

And watching you piece yours together will definitely help !  Thanks

Oh... I had a 68 Javelin for awhile and that one you found, the tail lights look like a 68
BDR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
  Share Topic