TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Buy Swap Sell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelcontender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buy Swap Sell
    Posted: Jul/08/2009 at 4:35am
hey fellow Aussieamcer's

i thought it would be a good idea  for us to have our own thread dedicated to buy swap and sell. so post up anything your looking to offload or to buy. im sure we all have trouble finding things from time to time given our obscure choice of automobile so this might just help out

shane
AMConverted View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMConverted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2009 at 5:36am
Cool, I need a 2 barrel carby for my 232 that suits rebuild. Mine leaks fuel out of the throttle shaft after sitting a little while when hot, I've pulled it down upteen times, and I think I might try another one and see how that goes. Thinking mine might have a crack in it or something. If anybody has one they could spare..........
1967 Rambler American

I'm not old, I'm just old school.

rebelcontender View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelcontender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2009 at 8:21pm
i could really use  68/69 javelin front and rearwindscreens, tail lights/ lens, door mirrors. and a bonnet/ hood catch mechanism

huddy55 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2009 at 8:51am
For sale 1970 Rambler Hornet SST

Rebuilt 232 6cyl and Auto. Floor Shift Auto, has Mark IV air cond that requires attention but can get it re-gased for buyer. One previous owner (little old lady)

The car belongs to my brother whom purchased it from the lady in 2001/02. Has been on many Sydney clubruns and national rallies with the Hornet. Has been sitting outside for the past 3 years unfortunatly and rust bubbles are now appearing in the the doors and front gaurds. Has never been restored and still has the original Mocca Brown paint and black interior. The interior needs work as it has seen much sun. the engine bay has been resprayed in the original colour when motor and box was out,, Has NOS wheel covers fitted. Little really is needed to get it registered again but for the fussy buyer would want to spend much money on it. Never had accident and comes with original owners manual.  Has been featured in the Australian Classic Car Magazine about 5 years ago. No registration but will come with the original number plates as shown in picture.

$2700 will own it...

PS I have driven this car on many clubruns myself and wished i could keep it for myself as it is very hard to find these in original condition. Lookng at the market in Australia with these Hornet's, this is cheap. If interested let me know and i can contact my brother or give you his details.

Car is in Lithgow NSW and can arrange delivery to Sydney and Brisbane at good rates.

Here is an older picture from about 4 years ago. I will take more photos this weekend when i get up to Lithgow.

Steve Fripp

Edited by huddy55 - Jul/09/2009 at 8:53am
1955 Hudson Hornet
1966 Classic
Have owned 69 AMX 72 Javelin 70 Rebel 67 American 46 Hudson 84 Cherokee 71 Matador

huddy55 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2009 at 9:03am
Originally posted by AMConverted AMConverted wrote:

Cool, I need a 2 barrel carby for my 232 that suits rebuild. Mine leaks fuel out of the throttle shaft after sitting a little while when hot, I've pulled it down upteen times, and I think I might try another one and see how that goes. Thinking mine might have a crack in it or something. If anybody has one they could spare..........

Hi mate, sorry for not responding earlier when you ask for a carby. I do have some carbys at Lithgow so i will have a look for the correct one for your car. I be up in Lithgow this Sunday and I will let you know on Sunday night when i get back to Sydney hopefully with the right carby.

Steve
1955 Hudson Hornet
1966 Classic
Have owned 69 AMX 72 Javelin 70 Rebel 67 American 46 Hudson 84 Cherokee 71 Matador

huddy55 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2009 at 9:09am
Pokerchip... im yet to send your wheelcovers too you as requested.... been too busy with work and spending time with my father who has been very ill.....sorry mate. I will get this done for you asap as they (the wheelcovers) are still sitting on my kitchen bench and using them as dinner plates... just kidding they are really on my kitchen bench.

Steve 
1955 Hudson Hornet
1966 Classic

AMConverted View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMConverted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2009 at 9:37am
Hey Steve, no worries about the carby, I'm not in any rush at all, you do the family thing first and worry about me later, we'll catch up. You know family is priorty. I do appreciate your help, best wishes to your Dad. Terry.
1967 Rambler American

I'm not old, I'm just old school.

huddy55 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2009 at 9:44am
For sale is a factory built RHD 1970 AMC Ambassador SST Hardtop. It was built to order in the USA by an Australian Air Service Commander who'd had spent time there in Washington DC. This fellow drove the Ambassador for about 2 years RHD in the US before coming back home to OZ with it. The car was hardly used when my late Grandfathers best freind Noel Keiselbach purchased it from the commander. 
Noel, who previously owned a 68 Rebel and a few Hudson's, has been involved with the Hudson AMC car club in since it's early beginnings in 1969. The Ambassador has been in the club basically all it's life and has attended more clubruns, shows, rallies more then any other car in the club. I'm only 34 and I remember this car since I was only four years old as it was usually seen spotted in my grandparents driveway when we were visiting them.
My stepfather purchased the car about 10 years ago from Noel and due to health has put it up for sale. The Ambassador still wears it's original plates since it landed in Australia. There are 3 original AAA stickers on it, 3 SOHT (Sydney Opera House Trust) stickers dating back 1976, an FBN  (FAIRBURN ACT) military sticker on the front bumper and a US Military sticker from Washington DC on the rear bumper, see picture.

Today the car is unrestored except a light coat of paint, new carpet and roof lining.  Never had rust or never pranged and very straight.  Has the stock 360 4bbl (290 hp), auto, factory tinted glass. air cond, Power steer, power drums all round (stops very well), NOS wheelcovers and NOS Griil in the boot (trunk).  Has just over 100,000 miles. Will provide roadworthy certificate if requested. Has been in dry storage for the past 5 years. Unfortunatly it has to go due to Keith's health.  Send me a personal message if  interested. Whats it worth... Only two other have came up for sale in Australia in the last 2 years.... One sold for 15k and the other 21k. We are thinking around AUS$18,000ono

Steve

Edited by huddy55 - Jul/09/2009 at 9:45am
1955 Hudson Hornet
1966 Classic

rebelcontender View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelcontender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2009 at 7:37pm
steve that hornet is tempting, very tempting. i could have a pigeon pair the same colour!
Pokerchip View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2009 at 10:40am
That Ambassador is temping too! Luckily I'm getting a new job soon so I will be able to start saving.

Steve, don't fret about the wheel covers mate, there isn't going to be a show around Lismore anytime soon so you can take your time sending them.

If anyone knows about an AMX or Javelin for sale give me a bell too.
1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>
  Share Topic