TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Chilson Javelin Rolls Again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chilson Javelin Rolls Again!
    Posted: Sep/26/2021 at 7:36pm
As much as I hate to....I will be selling this car.  I need to concentrate on the IMSA Team Highball Spirit.  Cant afford to do both unfortunately.  Anyone interested please shoot me a PM.  Located in the Denver area.
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2020 at 7:10pm
in the early 90s l bought a BBG 70 Javelin that was used as a Road Racing SCCA car had the flairs on the front and rear like this  was going to be a project and after finding others that were a lot closer to being done I sold it in like 2005 .   Im not sure what ever happened to the car after l sold it but l do know it went to someone in the Niagra Falls NY area 
    It was a track champion for many years in the 70s and early 80s  
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Billyfrank360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billyfrank360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2020 at 12:50pm
The stance and wheel/tire combo look female caninein’!  I like the plan to go back to red, white and blue?

Cheers,
Billy
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2020 at 10:30pm
Very cool. Always wanted a 70 drag project.
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 3:01pm
You know who has a set of those slotted white steelies?!!?!? Wink
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 1:53pm
I plan to go back to this look.  This is 78/79 while A/S was still a class.  1980 it was turned into GT1.
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 1:42pm
Wow.
That was one nice looking race car!
Are you going to recreate the period livery??

g-man
AMC only daily driver
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 1:38pm
Plan is to get it restored as period correct as possible.  Car raced from 1978-1985 in SCCA.  Here is what it looked like early in life.

g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 1:36pm
I read your thread title, and I was concerned that you owned a Javelin that you rolled (wrecked) second time...Gasp! 
LOL.
Glad to see otherwise.
It looks like a road racing project??
What are your plans?

g-man

AMC only daily driver
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 12:30pm
Was stripped to the bone and acid dipped in the late 1980s and is finally going back together.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic