TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Engine: Determining the Year of production

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2020 at 9:33am
I probably have a better head casting list. When you get the casting number post it and we can cross reference it between Rick's list and what I have. 
Frank Swygert
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2020 at 9:58am
Not my list, it is Ziggy's list.  Who ever the heck Ziggy is. 
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2020 at 9:58am
Here is my casting number list. I got sick of how many mistakes are on internet info, and tried to correct them. This list is confirmed to the best of my ability, using factory nominal cc's instead of assumptions and optimized NHRA numbers. I have checked as much as I can, still not saying it's perfect. Gladly accepting corrections as long as they are confirmed.

uploads/2319/Casting_Numbers.pdf

Edited by Ken_Parkman - Jan/12/2020 at 10:03am
tached_out View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tached_out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2020 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by SC397 SC397 wrote:

Not my list, it is Ziggy's list.  Who ever the heck Ziggy is. 

Ziggy lives in Iceland. He hasn't been active here in a while. He formerly owned the purple Gremlin that Lenny AMC (also from Iceland) races.

Glenn
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2020 at 5:35am
I'll have to cross check my list with Ken's. I used as many verified sources as possible, and have made notes and changes over the years, but I'm sure some errors have crept in. There really is no way to have a 100% error free list unless you could get into the factory records. I believe Pat Foster was able to get into the Chrysler archives at one point some years back, may have been someone else. regardless of who, it was said that what records existed were all packed in boxes and very unorganized -- just jumbled up. Would be a major undertaking to find ANYTHING in particular. 
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic