TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Javelin seat foam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Javelin seat foam
    Posted: Dec/02/2019 at 8:58pm
I have a 1969 Javelin that needs new foam in the front seats. The upholstery shop wants about $400.00 labor to do this. That seems pretty high to me. I was wondering if anyone has done it themselfs and how hard it was. 
Thanks for any info you can give.
Rick
70 bbo amx 69 javelin
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2019 at 11:26pm
Legendary Interiors makes the seat buns for the 68/69 Javelins. I have a set of them here at home with plans to use them.
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2019 at 11:21am
It is fairly easy to replace the foam and vinyl on bucket seats. I alone, for the first time, reupholstered the bucket seats in a '66 Chevelle Malibu. All that was required is the material to do it, hog ring pliers, hog rings, strong hands, and several hours. The seats turned out like brand new with no issues. Watch a YouTube video to see how easy it is. You and your buttt will feel good knowing you did it.  
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
javsst View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javsst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2019 at 12:52pm
I redid the seats in my 69 AMX with the Legendary seat foam along with leather seat skins.

Came out very well.  However, the foam never really "settled" down and being 6'4", my head
was constantly hitting the headliner, and I could never get the factory seat recliner to a comfortable
position......

I ended up buying the Jegs Tan Sport Seats and fashioning some steel stock adapter plates
to mount it to the factory rails.   Not factory, but at least I can drive the car without hitting my
head :)

Has anyone had any such issues, or tried to trim down the Legendary seat foam?

Just a fyi....

Steve
1970 Javelin SST Bittersweet Orange 360/T10 4 Speed AMC20 w/3.54s
1969 AMX BBO 360 with TF727 AMC20 w/4.10s
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2019 at 6:38pm
Legendary seat foam for the 68/69 seats is $297 from the last catalog I got. LRDaum  
LRDaum
racerrick View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2019 at 1:02pm
Thanks for the info. I have the legendary foam ordered and I think I’ll try to install it myself. It doesn’t look that hard to do. 
70 bbo amx 69 javelin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic