TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rear quarter replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electrictech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear quarter replacement
    Posted: Oct/21/2019 at 8:42pm
So I had a large rust area that was bubbling behind my drivers side behind the wheel lower rear quarter. I removed the paint covered rust and there was a perfectly good sheet metal behind it. It is a 68 javelin. Do they have two skins on the lower rear quarter panel?
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2019 at 7:59pm
There’s an inner and an outer, spot-welded together. When you buy a repro replacement panel it’s only the outer. 
electrictech View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electrictech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2019 at 8:05pm
Thanks that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. I purchase the outer panel from the AMC store.
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2019 at 8:30pm
AMC store?
Bill F View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2019 at 10:07am
Usually the inner wheel lip is bad too, what the quarter patch welds to. You can make that from an opposite side front fender. They repop the inner trunk drop.
Bill Frazer
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2019 at 11:16am
I'm not sure if the Javelin repro quarters are different, but the AMX patch panels I bought do not have a sharp enough line at the wheel opening. Not sure if that's a big deal for some...

Mike
1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic