TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Shes too close to a stud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 1:24pm
With about 3/32, I'd close the hood and kick back a cold one of your choice. 
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by CHAR CHAR wrote:

BillD  Trying to put a cat into a box does not get you quantum superposition, its a form of suicide.

BillD  It has a thin nut on it already, one with the flared bottom and the teeth to bite the ring connection.  Heavy suggested to trim the stud too.  There is a #6 wire from the alt to a 6 circuit fuze panel on the inner fender then back to the battery.  All the heavy stuff comes off the new fuze panel to feed the interior panel (no ammeter) relays for headlights, rear defrost, power windows, and the cooling fan.  No fire or blown fuzes yet.  I did the dame set up on my scout 2.

But are you SURE - I've tried to work it out here, so far, I think it does - (or we end up with FUSION, which is what you are trying to AVOID, correct??)

All I can say it wow - you are covering bases nicely - cool.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 3:56pm
I like it, the Big Bang. You put the + to the - ,add a little hydrogen gas and that's exactly what you may get. Sheldon has over thunk this one!
CHAR View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 6:22pm
i wonder what males have to do with D-D fusion after 2150?
72 Javelin SST P code 360/auto/AC/rear defrost /Go Pack/Polar White w blue cord interior.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 6:40pm
They find the perfect singe female!
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 6:49pm
That was done in weird science
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 7:02pm
What's funny is that the charts and formulas used on the show were actually borrowed and were always checked to ensure they were technically correct - they were verified for accuracy.
As I recall the ONE formula that was not correct was the only one in the whole series they did not check for accuracy........  
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 9:39pm
Funnier is the person that put the only symbol (unsolved formula) on the bottom of that chart, and the answer was obvious!
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 11:28pm
y'all realize i hope that the Copenhagen interpretation (the cat, quantum, crap, etc) is being more seriously questioned these days, and the Multiple Worlds theory, as crazy as it sounds, is taken seriously.

the good and bad news here is, the alternator stud will never short to the block so there's no reason to worry about it any further. unfortunately it has also already shorted to the block. it also might short to the block, and also might not short to the block.

so there's no reason to think about that any more. and instead just worry about which world you might be in.

(MWI says nothing about energy involved in having so many worlds. that bugs me. maybe it's powered by all the sparks.)

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 7:58am
Wait until you get into time - all time exists at the same time. Everything is happening now. 
That stud also shorts and doesn't short all at the same time. It also exists everywhere. 

But away from the quantum world where something is off and on at the same time - sounds like there's enough clearance and the only worry could be if the bolts were loosened to do maintenance. Solution? Pull a cable if there's a worry. Otherwise, don't worry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic