TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Shes too close to a stud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 10:00pm
how about a slightly longer belt and just use more adjuster range?

that close would bug the crap out of me.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 11:09pm
If she is too close to a stud and the stud is too close to a boss, does that imply that she is the boss? Reminds me of a logic class in college.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 2:02am
Oh, here we go - Schrödinger's cat

So if you don't look, it's not really too close.
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 6:08am
About the oil filter thing...check out the Motorcraft FL400A. Same thread as the FL1A, but smaller filter body diameter. It's what Ford engineers came up with for clearance problems.
And the FL300 is a just shorter version of the FL1A.

Besides AMC parts, I also worked Ford parts.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Trader Trader wrote:

I would not have any warm fuzzes.

Same here.  Sooner or later this will be a problem, that's just the way life works.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 10:20am
Was your gauge block a corrugated cardboard from a carton or poster board thickness? 
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 10:26am
Business card.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 10:50am
Close. If it can't be clocked, can it be buzzed with a dremel so it's flush with the nut?
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 11:12am
And use a quarter inch lock nut - I don't mean self-locking, I mean the thin nuts sold to lock other nuts in place. They are about half or so the thickness of a standard nut. 
I keep a few of those on hand to deal with custom builds in close places, or for where the parts have studs that are too short - I use a thin nut to give more clearance for when the wire is put on and the final nut put on. Can save a fair amount that way, allows for a much shorter stud.

I'd personally clock it, there are 4 positions to choose from. The other leads can be dealt with very easily and are not a semi-direct shot to the battery like output is. Sure hope there's a FUSIBLE LINK still in place!
CHAR View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 1:03pm
Thanks for all the thoughts/ideas/helps;

TomJ  The easiest 24 bucks I could spend and still be lazy and not pull the thing and address the problem for real.

6768rogue  I think it may mean the stud is Bi depending on the mood of the boss, which is a large bolt hole - and the chicken came first.

BillD  Trying to put a cat into a box does not get you quantum superposition, its a form of suicide.

Buzzman  Thanks.  that will fit the bill.Clap

6pack Whats one more garbage bag on the pile?

Heavy  The gap is just about 3/32", so corrugated amazon box. Size B2

BillD  Smarty pantsLOL

Heavy  I could do that - just being lazy since I just got this bucket of bolts put back together again.

BillD  It has a thin nut on it already, one with the flared bottom and the teeth to bite the ring connection.  Heavy suggested to trim the stud too.  There is a #6 wire from the alt to a 6 circuit fuze panel on the inner fender then back to the battery.  All the heavy stuff comes off the new fuze panel to feed the interior panel (no ammeter) relays for headlights, rear defrost, power windows, and the cooling fan.  No fire or blown fuzes yet.  I did the dame set up on my scout 2.
72 Javelin SST P code 360/auto/AC/rear defrost /Go Pack/Polar White w blue cord interior.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic