TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMO 2020 - Event Date: Jun/17/2020 - Jun/20/2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 9:33am
Originally posted by 70YCODE 70YCODE wrote:

9:00 am = Caravan leave the Hotel Elegante for The Rambler Ranch ( Tour bus To & From the Rambler Ranch $20 )
10:00 am - 4:00 pm = The Rambler Ranch Tour $20 (Food trucks will be onsite with food for purchase)

Sorry Larry....Looks like the Tour bus is $20, and another $20 for the Ranch, then your pick of Food Trucks to buy from....so maybe $60 per person that way.

Or around $40 per person if you drive and do a Lunch truck.

or bring your own lunch and just pay the $20 per person for the Ranch.

I Know it wasn't that much in 2013

The Rambler Ranch Tour is optional, and as you've noted there are several options to choose from. Terry has made a substantial investment in building and maintaining the Rambler Ranch, which includes many updates since 2007. I don't recall what it cost in 2007, butI think $20 is a great value to see his amazing collection of cars and memorabilia, and who knows when this opportunity will present itself again. Of course we all have budgets to work with, so we all have to decide what work best for our own situation.

I will say that the tour, shuttle and lunch is not a profit center for AMO or the Northern Colorado Club. The shuttle is provided as a courtesy, and finding a service like this for one day, for a currently unknown number of people, is no easy task.
AMO Newsletter Editor
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

I can't get the register by mail link to work. (It flashes like a fill  in the blank real quick)
I know my cookies and java is updated.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Ollie, what internet browser are you using? There are some issues with Safari I know. I just tried it on Chrome and it worked fine.
AMO Newsletter Editor
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 9:35am
Originally posted by mramc mramc wrote:

I think the tour to rambler ranch includes a box lunch if I'm reading the schedule right . LRDaum

I'm not sure what you are reading that suggest this?

Thursday June 18th
No Show Registration = Host club welcome and show info @ The Hotel Elegante
9:00 am = Caravan leave the Hotel Elegante for The Rambler Ranch ( Tour bus To & From the Rambler Ranch $20 )
10:00 am - 4:00 pm = The Rambler Ranch Tour $20 (Food trucks will be onsite with food for purchase)
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm = Cruise in (The Airplane Restaurant)
AMO Newsletter Editor
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 11:31am
Really looking forward to seeing the RR and everything else this show has to offer!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2020 at 7:43pm
OK, So I will ask.
Any updates if there will be an impact to the Convention due to the COVID 19 issues?

Edited by azfletch - Mar/20/2020 at 7:50pm
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2020 at 8:03pm
I'd say just too early to tell. 
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
UNFORD View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UNFORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2020 at 1:06pm
Mark, I pre-registered for St. Louis and had to cancel the trip at the last minute and lost $100 in fees. Due to COVID/19 issue I'll have to wait and see what happens and sign up at the show. I do have a room reservation made last year. I'm hoping the show goes on!

Originally posted by azfletch azfletch wrote:

OK, So I will ask.Any updates if there will be an impact to the Convention due to the COVID 19 issues?
Mark Melvin
AMO #8858
socalamx.net
playmateamx.com

6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2020 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by UNFORD UNFORD wrote:

Mark, I pre-registered for St. Louis and had to cancel the trip at the last minute and lost $100 in fees. Due to COVID/19 issue I'll have to wait and see what happens and sign up at the show. I do have a room reservation made last year. I'm hoping the show goes on!

OK, So I will ask.Any updates if there will be an impact to the Convention due to the COVID 19 issues?

Since AMO has no written policy for refunds, I always wait until the last minute to register. We have elderly people in our family and have had to cancel planned trips because of family emergencies. If I cancel because I change my mind, I consider money prepaid as a donation. However, a family emergency is different. There should be a refund policy for cause and with time limitations. Failing that, I pay as late as possible. I know it makes planning hard, but if the policy changed I would pay a year ahead. I make accommodation reservations a year ahead, but they are always cancellable.

Edited by 6768rogues - Mar/21/2020 at 7:02pm
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

Originally posted by UNFORD UNFORD wrote:

Since AMO has no written policy for refunds, I always wait until the last minute to register. We have elderly people in our family and have had to cancel planned trips because of family emergencies. If I cancel because I change my mind, I consider money prepaid as a donation. However, a family emergency is different. There should be a refund policy for cause and with time limitations. Failing that, I pay as late as possible. I know it makes planning hard, but if the policy changed I would pay a year ahead. I make accommodation reservations a year ahead, but they are always cancellable.

I had to cancel last year due to a family medical emergency and was issued a refund.  I don't remember exactly when I canceled, but it was probably at least 30 days prior.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2020 at 12:44pm
Colorado, like the rest of the United States and the world, is under great stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many countries have closed their borders, including between Canada and the United States. Gatherings have had their numbers drastically decreased, if held at all. As a result, the AMO Board of Directors met via conference call on Friday, March 20th, 2020 to review the situation with input from the Northern Colorado AMC, Great Lakes Classic AMC and Tennessee Valley AMC clubs. They voted to postpone the 2020 International Convention scheduled for June 17-20, 2020 in Colorado Springs and reschedule the show for 2021. This decision was not made lightly. Given the many restrictions in place and warnings from government leaders that those may be in effect for months, AMO had no choice but to move the show to 2021.

A new date has not been set, but we expect it to be in June 2021. Terry Gale has confirmed that a Rambler Ranch Tour will still be an integral part of the show at that time. The 2022 show will now be in Michigan and hosted by the Great Lakes Classic AMC chapter, followed by 2023 in the greater Knoxville Tennessee area hosted by the Tennessee Valley AMC Club. We hope to have more information in the next issue of American Motoring.

For those who have already registered, you can request a refund of your registration, or AMO can hold your registration and apply it to the 2021 convention. The choice is yours, but please let us know as soon as possible how you would like to proceed. You can request a refund by contacting Derek Dorroh at his email: amomembership@gmail.com or by phone at (919) 795-3530. Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks of your request.

If you have made reservations at the host hotel, please call to cancel them now. If you fail to cancel your reservations, you will be charged whether you show up or not. The hotel phone number is (719) 576-5900.

All other questions about the Colorado show can be directed to Austin Hosterman of the Northern Colorado AMC Club via his email: amxdriver73@yahoo.com, or by phone at (970) 593-2623.
AMO Newsletter Editor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic