TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMO 2020 - Event Date: Jun/17/2020 - Jun/20/2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by 71 Javelin AMX O.O. 71 Javelin AMX O.O. wrote:

I sure liked the past Iowa AMO conventions. Any chance you and the other Iowians would hold a international convention in the future? Again, great location and people.
Steve
Minnesota

Iowa? Geesh, you can't get Iowans to even let their AMCs be seen in public.
Big show at Clear Lake last weekend - OVER 550 cars there - only TWO AMCs, one was mine.
IF I hadn't gone and I almost didn't, there'd have been ONE AMC in a bunch of over 550 cars. 

When did Iowa do this? There aren't any clubs here, no AMO presence.......... and so few people in Iowa that allow their cars to be seen.
Odd, too, because it's been said we have the most antique cars per capita  or per square mile of any place. 

On the other hand - the state fair grounds would be a good place - tons of space, could have cars in the varied industries building. Not cheap - but there are other places, too. 
Des Moines is the cross-roads of the country in a way - I80 and I35 cross here so coming from any direction is pretty easy to get to Des Moines. 

IF you can help shake out a few dozen Iowans to help pull it off..............
We DO have the big GoodGuys thing here every 4th of July and it's a huge event draws people from all over the continent. My neighbor helps pull that off. 
BU1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by 71 Javelin AMX O.O. 71 Javelin AMX O.O. wrote:

I sure liked the past Iowa AMO conventions. Any chance you and the other Iowians would hold a international convention in the future? Again, great location and people.
Steve
Minnesota

Steve, I believe the Iowa club disbanded.  They did an excellent job hosting the nationals twice.
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 9:22pm
Likely some time ago and at that, maybe not too active as I'd never heard of them. A few years ago some of us tried to get a small group to go to local shows together-  meet somewhere and then all pull in together to some of the shows around the area - that lasted about 2 or three shows LOL That was that. 
We couldn't even get three or four of us together for shows. 
azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2019 at 9:38pm
We will be hosting a 50 year reunion of the Mark Donohue Javelin Specials at the AMO 2020 event in Colorado.  Our goal is to have 20 MD Javelins together at one location.

Please reach out to me if you can join us with your car.

Mark Fletcher
azfletchm@msn.com
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2019 at 10:25pm
Reservation made. Add a BBOrange Donohue to the list Big smile
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2019 at 11:53pm
It was a bummer missing this year's AMO show, but as it stands right now I'll be back in action for 2020.

As I posted on the forum a few months ago, my long-term girlfriend Susan was diagnosed with a brain tumor earlier this year.  She went from walking three or four miles a day to where she couldn't walk to the front door without a walker.  She had surgery on May 3rd to relieve the pressure build-up in her head and install a shunt, and has since had a miraculous recovery!! She's back to walking a couple miles a day!!  The tumor is still there as it's in a location where operating on it would be very risky.  They haven't even been able to biopsy it yet, but it hasn't changed size or shape in six months, so they're treating it as non-aggressive and most-likely non-malignant.  She gets an MRI every three months for the next year just to make sure it isn't growing, so it's mostly a wait-and-watch approach from here on out. I could not be happier with how it's turned out and to watch her get her life back. Clap

BTW, I can not say enough good things about Mayo Clinic in Phoenix.  We are so lucky to live within a couple hours of their hospital there.

For about 4-months Susan needed me here 24/7, which is why I couldn't make AMO this year.  Now that she's better, I'm hoping to take (drive?) my '72 Javelin to both Colorado Springs and Kenosha next year.  I sold my BBO AMX in February, and the Javelin is more of a driver than a show car, but I can have just as much fun with it if not more since I won't have to worry as much about getting it dirty etc.

My dad turns 97 this month and is getting pretty frail, so there's always some uncertainty for us there, but you can bet I'll be at the shows next summer unless I'm needed here.

Finally, thanks to all who sent us good wishes a few months back.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2019 at 12:08am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

It was a bummer missing this year's AMO show, but as it stands right now I'll be back in action for 2020.

Hi Cam,

So sorry to hear about your girlfriend's situation and so happy to hear she's not getting worse.  Having been down that road, I understand your situation.....hope to see you in LV in Nov.

Take care,

Steve
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2019 at 8:18am
Cam, glad to hear things are improving.  Hope that trend continues for you and Susan.  Missed seeing you at Collinsville.  Hope to be able to make the trip to Colorado Springs next year. 
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2019 at 11:38am
That's bad and great news Cam, so glad to hear she has improved! I also missed this years show and was bummed about it but look out CO! lol
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

That's bad and great news Cam, so glad to hear she has improved! I also missed this years show and was bummed about it but look out CO! lol

I was wondering whether you made it to Gateway, Tony.

Colorado Springs is a cool town, and of course the proximity to Rambler Ranch will make it very special.  It's also a relatively easy 10 hour drive for me, so that will be nice.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic