TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMO 2020 - Event Date: Jun/17/2020 - Jun/20/2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2019 at 6:12pm
Go here - there's a link to click to make reservations. It's SO simple.

https://amonational.com/2020-amo-national-convention/

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2019 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by 70amxpaul 70amxpaul wrote:

Hello:

Do you have name and phone number of host hotel and dates to share on the 2020 AMO show?

THanks

The dates may be at the top of this forum page - I made it an event..............
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by kirkwood kirkwood wrote:

Made my reservations a few weeks ago. If anyone is on the fence now is the time to make your reservation! The Rambler Ranch alone is an unforgettable experience!

The link is on the amo website on the 2020 page.
Dumb site says I am a loyaty member and cant registerAngry.  
azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2019 at 10:22am
I would like to have a Mark Donohue Javelin 50th anniversary celebration at this event.  The goal will be to have 20+ 1970 MD Javelins (with an additional 3+ 1970 R/W/B Trans am Javelins) and we will ask the host club to have a separate area for parking to display the cars.
If this occurs, we will try to create a MD Donohue display with Original AMC dealer items as a back drop.
My 390 4 Speed MD was sold new in the Denver dealer district which included the small town in SW Nebraska.  I have invited the Original Owners to join us if they will make the 3 hr drive to the show.

We have made our lodging reservation and have rented a home on booking.com close by for the event.

Edited by azfletch - Jul/31/2019 at 4:27pm
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2019 at 8:08pm
I haven't posted much here in the past 2 years, but finding out that the  2020 AMO is going to be in Colorado got me excited. I already reserved a room at the host hotel. Going to the Rambler Ranch rivals going to a show in Kenosha.
2020 will be an epic year for AMC.
Now it's time to reserve a room for Kenosha.
JK 

73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by JKJavelin JKJavelin wrote:

I haven't posted much here in the past 2 years, but finding out that the  2020 AMO is going to be in Colorado got me excited. I already reserved a room at the host hotel. Going to the Rambler Ranch rivals going to a show in Kenosha.
2020 will be an epic year for AMC.
Now it's time to reserve a room for Kenosha.
JK

Thanks for posting this - particularly coming from someone who lives right in WI.  The CO clubs did choose the date to be as far from the Kenosha Homecoming as possible to give as many as people a reasonable chance of attending both events.

As a side note, a healthy percentage all the CO members who attended St Louis, drove our cars from CO to StL - around 900 miles on average. Despite the 103-104 degree temps across KS, it was remarkably 'doable', (yes, working AC helps....) in our AMC cars. While driving across Nebraska is not really any more or less exciting that driving across Kansas, it is a great way to re-acquaint yourself with not only this amazing country we live in, but just how darn good these cars are at knocking out the miles. I truly do hope many choose to make the drive.
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 2:49pm
It's awfully hard to schedule things these days - so much going on everywhere and with everyone, I can appreciate how difficult it is to arrange a place/venue, hotel accommodations, other stuff to do, and still keep a distance from other events. It's appreciated for sure. 
I live in Central Iowa so missing Kenosha would be a "what was your excuse" sort of thing - money would be it. Otherwise, gee, if I can do CO....... 
What helped me make up my mind this year was not only friends (both of them!) but my wife - yeah, one actually stuck with me this long - she asked where, I told her, she asked when - June - but don't worry, even July and August don't get t
Holy cow - how does one answer that one? DUH - of course. So she said "then you'd better get hotel lined up RIGHT NOW and she sat there until I did. LOL - she's a keeper. 
So I guess I'm going to AMO 2020!  ;-)
But don't expect to see much of Barbara - she misses her Camaros but she's not a car person and likely will have her sewing machines, tons of projects, yards of fabric, etc. and have a one-woman quilt retreat at the hotel.
71 Javelin AMX O.O. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71 Javelin AMX O.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 4:54pm
I sure liked the past Iowa AMO conventions. Any chance you and the other Iowians would hold a international convention in the future? Again, great location and people.
Steve
Minnesota
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

It's awfully hard to schedule things these days - so much going on everywhere and with everyone, I can appreciate how difficult it is to arrange a place/venue, hotel accommodations, other stuff to do, and still keep a distance from other events. It's appreciated for sure. 
I live in Central Iowa so missing Kenosha would be a "what was your excuse" sort of thing - money would be it. Otherwise, gee, if I can do CO....... 
What helped me make up my mind this year was not only friends (both of them!) but my wife - yeah, one actually stuck with me this long - she asked where, I told her, she asked when - June - but don't worry, even July and August don't get t
Holy cow - how does one answer that one? DUH - of course. So she said "then you'd better get hotel lined up RIGHT NOW and she sat there until I did. LOL - she's a keeper. 
But don't expect to see much of Barbara - she misses her Camaros but she's not a car person and likely will have her sewing machines, tons of projects, yards of fabric, etc. and have a one-woman quilt retreat at the hotel.
I'm thinking of taking up quilting so I might just hang with her........
they call me Capt RETIRED!
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2019 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by turbo turbo wrote:

Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

I'm thinking of taking up quilting so I might just hang with her........

Good luck - men have won blue ribbons in the Iowa State Fair............. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic