TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

OL-632 at Milan June 7, 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickshifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OL-632 at Milan June 7, 2019
    Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 8:30pm
Not the usual topic for this forum but I thought I would share just the same.  This is heads-up drag racing.  Pretty much the only rules are: 1) max 632ci, with a weight break for small block(less than 485 inches) 2) Only nitrous or all motor allowed.  That's it. 

Here's the qualifying list:

And here is a video from first round, sorry, no sound as it is slo-mo:

And for reference, here a pic of the #1 qualifier:

7.03 @ 196 mph
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 11:13pm
The Gremlin made a few awesome passes on Friday, nice job Kev and crew!
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2019 at 12:13am
Looks like those Mustangs didn't beat you up this time. How did you finish?

Tom
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2019 at 6:53am
I'm constantly amazed at your performance. Well done!

-Steve-

67RogueX-Code View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67RogueX-Code Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2019 at 10:40am
Great showing Kevin... with a "MAN" pedal to boot!!! ClapClap   

I'm betting there aren't too many on that qualifying-list that had to shift-gears on their own...
Bob Wilcox

67RogueX-Code
stickshifter View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickshifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2019 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Tom
We had a technical difficulty in 2nd round. Wink  Not to worry as I restarted and drove off the track.  Just need some new rings.  It sure was on a pass if it wasn't for the sneeze. LOL

That round was run at 1:52am so it really didn't matter as the race was called after that round.  The Mayflies were covering the track causing unsafe racing conditions.  Seriously.

7.03 @ 196 mph
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by stickshifter stickshifter wrote:

Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Tom
We had a technical difficulty in 2nd round. Wink  Not to worry as I restarted and drove off the track.  Just need some new rings.  It sure was on a pass if it wasn't for the sneeze. LOL

That round was run at 1:52am so it really didn't matter as the race was called after that round.  The Mayflies were covering the track causing unsafe racing conditions.  Seriously.

That looks like a Funny car engine explosion. I'll bet that one got your attention? I am guessing it didn't do your new hood scoop a lot of good? 

Tom
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2019 at 1:08am
that’s one of those sneezes that throws a vertebrae out. 
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2019 at 9:48am
"The Mayflies were covering the track causing unsafe racing conditions.  Seriously."
Well, at least you roasted a few of them.  I was standing about 15' away when I took this vid and I had to turn away because I forgot my ear plugs.  Talk about fire breathing loud!
IMG_1738 by Rick Jones, on Flickr
By the way, here is n2oJoe's Mustang.  (It is really a show car that goes really fast)
IMG_1735 by Rick Jones, on Flickr

Edited by SC397 - Jun/13/2019 at 9:53am
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2019 at 10:53am
I went to the John Holt Nitrous Race at National Trails Raceway on Friday night right after GAD18 and Kevin's car was the loudest car of the 8 in the field. That side exit exhaust really makes some thunder.

Tom

Edited by PROSTOCKTOM - Jun/14/2019 at 11:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic