TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mystery I6 Intake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by tyrodtom tyrodtom wrote:

I have no way to do it.

if you have a copy somewhere i'll put it on my website and make it public.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 9:15pm
hmm... i go to mexico every year (just Puerto Vallarta, with all the other old gringo folks). my spanish is barely Restaurant Spanish. i suppose i should think about how to fetch some manifolds back to the US. would have to be clean-ish and go home as checked baggage. and get through customs.

Edited by tomj - May/17/2019 at 9:18pm
1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2019 at 1:10pm
I didn't know until today that Rod&Custom went out of print in 2014.
What a shame,  probable my favorite car magazine back in the 70's and 80's.

I've got hundreds of old car magazines,  when I say old I mean back into the 60's and even have a few from the 50's.

But when I put a page on a printer I usually get a picture so dark and fuzzy you can't make out a lot of it. 

66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
Rambler Mexicano View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler Mexicano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2019 at 2:01pm
Tyrodtom,

Tha article I posted is from May 1969.

Armando Lobato was not the only VAM engineeer behind the VAM Go Pack. Pilots and engineers Javier Elenes and Germán Revilla also stand out in its conception among others, it might be that one was behind every different VAM four-barrel intake.

In this regard, there are three VAM Go Pack intake designs so far.

Do you know anyone that could scan the Rod and Custom articles for you?

If you do, he/she can send them to my email and I can post them here for everyone to see.

I would like to see a review of the VAM Go Pack from the American point of view, since the norm at the time in the US was all-V8 only in regards to performance.

Originally posted by 1982AMCConcord 1982AMCConcord wrote:

From my friend in Mexico... Notice the writing on the left side... while they are not exactly indentical... they seem to be very very similar... hope this helps... 

This is a new one for me.

That's the 1963-1973 VAM logo on the lower left corner.

The carburetors used in the VAM Go Pack, at least that I know of, are the Carter AFB and AVS four-barrel models, rated from 650 to 800 CFMs.
Mauricio Jordán

Cuando no se es una empresa famosa se deben hacer mejores automóviles.
- Vehículos Automotores Mexicanos S. A. de C. V.
mitchito View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2019 at 7:54am
Good luck finding one of those even in Mexico. I am also there every year and belong to the local AMC Club. There are several cars with 4 barrels, however they are all using a manifold locally made but aftermarket, I forget the brand name
1982 Rambler Lerma
1981 Rambler Lerma coupe
1978 American (Concord base)
1977 Gremlin
1976 Pacer X
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2019 at 9:40am
Most of the VAM cars were sold in the Mexico City area and were tu ed for higher altitudes. Not so likely to find them in coastal areas.
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic