TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mystery I6 Intake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler Mexicano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2019 at 5:15pm
It's not the aluminum VAM Go Pack intake. The VAM intake is totally round, boomerang-like.

Here are some pictures of it, complete with a press presentation by VAM engineer Armando Lobato, one of the men behind the VAM Go Pack.

Mauricio Jordán

Cuando no se es una empresa famosa se deben hacer mejores automóviles.
- Vehículos Automotores Mexicanos S. A. de C. V.
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2019 at 5:21pm
Those VAM engineers make some cool stuff for the AM I6. Really makes for some interesting engine build for a VAM GT... just wonder what other options for transmissions were VAM only on the performance I6 line. I dont think a T5 would last long on a Rally GT.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2019 at 6:24pm
That's not the only 4 barrel intake VAM made.
I'll try to post a picture of the intake pictures of the VAM intake that was in the Oct. 69 Rod&Custom.
It's probably the first ones they installed on the 252 they made in the late 60's.
It looks exactly like the intake the original poster pictured.

The picture you have there maybe a later design.
What's the date on that article ?

I almost bought one of those intakes from Randall American in 1970,  but they didn't want to deal with mail orders and drop shipments.   I was in the Army at the time.
I ended up getting a Offenhauser intake instead.

That was 50 years ago,  but I still have the magazine that I found the information about VAM's performance versions of the AMC 6.

Edited by tyrodtom - May/16/2019 at 6:30pm
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
matty 401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2019 at 6:28pm
would love to have the intake and headers 
72 matador 401 the beast
79 concord 2 door
72 matador 304 grasshopper
68 Rogue 406
93 Cherokee 4.0 5 speed

1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 7:47am
Originally posted by tyrodtom tyrodtom wrote:

I have a Oct. 1969 Rod&Custom with pictures of the optional VAM four barrel intake.

That's it exactly,  complete with no trademark, serial #,  or any marking in any of the 3 pictures they show of it.

In the other thread I pondered if it was a VAM intake. I think it is a VAM intake.. I thought I had seen another one like it on a VAM Facebook page. I am going to email my friend Luis and ask him if he has seen it down in Mexico on any VAM cars before.
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 9:44am
From my friend in Mexico... Notice the writing on the left side... while they are not exactly indentical... they seem to be very very similar... hope this helps... 
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 12:48pm
Great topic.
partsguy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 2:29pm
very interesting,
Greyhounds_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 4:47pm
Tyrodtom, please post up the entire article. I've been wanting to read thru that again for about 35 years.
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 6:14pm
I have no way to do it.
I'll see if Rod &Custom has a archive of old articles.

Rod&Custom devoted 2 months to the AMC 6,  both September and October, 69 had AMC 6 content.
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic