TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

flywheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flywheel
    Posted: Mar/25/2020 at 1:32pm
looking for a standard flywheel for my 71 360.  it is fro sure a 70-71 engine with the 3 bolt balencer.  ... casting number is 319-6929. ..... the 70 390 wheel with the same number will not work from what i am told. must be from the 70-71 360. Its the last piece pf the puzzle for the 4 speed swap... here's hoping.  
amxstv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxstv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2020 at 7:27pm
I may have one...ill take a look tomorrow....not sure of the year, but I know it has a 3-bolt balancer...amxstv
hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2020 at 6:46am
Originally posted by amxstv amxstv wrote:

I may have one...ill take a look tomorrow....not sure of the year, but I know it has a 3-bolt balancer...amxstv
  cool ..... 

amxstv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxstv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2020 at 1:35pm
well, the 360 has a 3 hole balancer and high compression heads, but the crank is not the flat style and the flywheel only has a casting # of C317 right in front of the weight pad...so I don't really know if its factory or aftermarket....any ideas ??
hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2020 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by amxstv amxstv wrote:

well, the 360 has a 3 hole balancer and high compression heads, but the crank is not the flat style and the flywheel only has a casting # of C317 right in front of the weight pad...so I don't really know if its factory or aftermarket....any ideas ??
             no clue ...... il have to see about that ...... maby someone here could tell us. .. but im always thunk the 3 bolt was an early engine with the flat flange crank. there should be a casting number cast into it if its a amc part. this is driving me nuts. can ya tell me what the casting number on the back of the block is?? im guessing ya have a 72 -74 360 without the flat flange crank and that won't work.  if ya hit the back of the wheel with a wire brush or sumthing  ya will probly find the number 319-7219C (with the number by the weight) or even a 321-2653.  ... but someone mite have put the wrong wheel on your engine. the recessed spot on the crank will be 4.500 for the 70-71 and the weight will be at the 4:30 spot with the casting number at 12:00 spot.   and 4.650 for the 72-74 with the weight at the 9:30 spot. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic