TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Finally, American Racing Headers for your AMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 9:18pm
Looks like you guys are going to make a bunch of AMC'ERS happy. Good luck and hope you sell a lot of headers.  
texasamx
kingsX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 7:13am
I talked with Nick yesterday and ordered a set. He’s a very cool guy and great to deal with. I can’t wait for mine to get here!!!!!
73 AMX Javelin PC
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by kingsX kingsX wrote:

I talked with Nick yesterday and ordered a set. He’s a very cool guy and great to deal with. I can’t wait for mine to get here!!!!!

KingsX, It was great talking to you as well and thank you for jumping on board and ordering a system. We look forward to getting them in your hands and bolted up to that Javelin.

Nick
American Racing Headers
100% Made In USA Since 2005
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 7:37pm
I saw the video and have seen there work first hand....Very impressive to say the least...I will be waiting for the small car version for the altered wheelbase and when the Concord gets the 401......This might sound like a ridiculous question but my son wanted to know if they would be offered in kit form ...being he`s a welder
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 8:21pm
Without question we'd be happy to provide all the parts in kit form to build a custom set of headers. We're just a phone call away guys. Thanks.

Nick
American Racing Headers
100% Made In USA Since 2005
Jan Phersson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Phersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 2:30am
Headers just arrived to the shop. Dogleg port, 1 7/8 with 3" collector. Will test fit on the stock 390, after that send for dyno with the stroker 427.
I'll post pics for as soon we are done.
Jan Phersson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jan Phersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 10:56am
Pics from todays installation. (Survivor AMX 1969)
Theses headers are intended for a 427 stroker engine, did this to test fit and completion of exhaust system before shipping headers to be dynoed with stroker engine.
It took less then 1 hour to swap to headers, only thing needed to be removed is the clutch linkage. Great fit.

Red Devil View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 11:23am
Thanks for posting pictures. They hang a bit low .. but maybe a bit less than others? If possible, could you measure distance from top of collector tube to floor pan or bottom of primary tubes to frame rail or to engine cross member?

Also, one pipe looks a bit close to the sump on the pan. Could you measure from bottom of sump up to the tube or clearance between sump and tube? I have an Armando road race pan that is deeper than stock but 12" wide and just barely clears one pipe on Hooker 7103s.

Thanks,RD
71-SST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71-SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 12:27pm
Is it just me or do they seem to hang just as low as other headers. Saw the video on facebook also. Nice but..............https://www.facebook.com/jan.phersson/videos/2318676554824569/
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 12:48pm
The only headers that may have more ground clearance would be the Dougs D-103, however those are only 1 3/4 and these are 1 7/8. The Javelin/AMX has only so much room under the floor where the collector sits. Based on what I can see these are as much ground clearance that could be expected with a 1 7/8 long tube header.
Nicely done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
  Share Topic