TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Finally, American Racing Headers for your AMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Phersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 9:37am
Bungs in each header just upstream collector
Jan Phersson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Phersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 9:49am
Pipes sit 1" under oil pan.

Collector 1.5" under frame rail. And remember that with the supplied V-band there is no collector flange.

Edited by Jan Phersson - Feb/21/2018 at 9:54am
kingsX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 6:55pm
I just got my set in the mail today. Very good quality. The dogleg port couldnt be better. Super smooth transition into the pipes.   They also have great clearance for bolting up to the heads. I can’t wait to get my car out of storage and get my new stroker motor hooked up to these.   Big thanks to Nick for supporting AMC with a new great product!!!!!
73 AMX Javelin PC
myrambler View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 7:33pm
Hope they develop the small car sets soon. I love to put a set on my 67 Rogue. Just curious on how much you paid for a set.
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 8:20pm
KingsX,

I really appreciate you as well for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to seeing your ride on the road and rowing through the gears. Keep us posted with your progress. Thanks.

Nick
American Racing Headers
100% Made In USA Since 2005
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2018 at 2:20pm
Looking nice!!!   I will be considering these in the future for a vintage B/Prod road racer.

klvn8r

AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 11:05am
Just bringing this back to the top guys. Whatever you guys could do to get the word out through other forms of social media would be greatly appreciated. We're fairly certain that there's many hardcore AMC enthusiasts that still aren't aware of these new header systems. Thanks.

Nick   
American Racing Headers
Red Devil View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 11:26am
double-post

Edited by Red Devil - Mar/01/2018 at 9:32pm
Red Devil View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 11:34am
Hi Nick,

Any plans to tweak the design to work with non-stock oil pans? Based on feedback from Jan on the 1 7/8" primary version, there's only about 1/4" clearance between the #6 pipe and the stock pan, so expect clearance may be an issue for those running Milodon, Canton, Armando or Aviaid road-race style pans.

Not sure if the smaller 1 3/4" pipes would gain enough room for road-race style wide-sump pans?

Thanks,RD
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Red Devil Red Devil wrote:

Hi Nick,

Any plans to tweak the design to work with non-stock oil pans? Based on feedback from Jan on the 1 7/8" primary version, there's only about 1/4" clearance between the #6 pipe and the stock pan, so expect clearance may be an issue for those running Milodon, Canton, Armando or Aviaid road-race style pans.

Not sure if the smaller 1 3/4" pipes would gain enough room for road-race style wide-sump pans?

Thanks,RD

RD,

It's hard to be everything for everybody. I don't believe the headers will be a problem for drag race style deep pans. I will say this, given the opportunity we won't rule out making adjustments if someone local to us was able to supply a vehicle with a road race style pan bolted up. It's also important to note that as good as our headers are, making a clearance adjustment to your existing pans, as long as it isn't too egregious, is time well spent. We do have a full refund policy if our headers don't work. We do not force anyone to keep our headers if they won't work with you application.

Nick
American Racing Headers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic