TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EvapoRust

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EvapoRust
    Posted: May/16/2010 at 9:29am

I've used this stuff before and it works great. 

Here are some window tracks from some parts doors I have.  One of mine was bent so I removed them both and both where in sad shape.

Dropped one in EvapoRust over night and it's ready to go.

68 AMX 390 Go Pack Rally Pack
BMXICAN View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMXICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2010 at 6:36pm
It's good for stuff you can take off and dip in a bucket. Plus it's cheap at Harbor Freight, like $15.99.

Can't beat that with a stick... Or could you? Tongue

POR15 is the way to go for stuff you can't take off, like window frames, body parts, floors and stuff.
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2010 at 1:40pm

I agree the stuff is great. I used it on almost all the small parts. Here's some tips for larger items. Build a box just large than the item and then line it with plastic sheeting, I double and triple layer it. Then soak away. I did seat track, the entire window track assemblies, I've poured it into stuck piston/cylinder walls to free them. Soaked old water pumps to remove funk, poured it into heater cores. on and on.

Next, even if it hideous black it still works just slower. I pour each batch thru a coffee filter after using it and save the old stuff for crusty bolt and such. If it leave a black film after rinsing the water off, I just scrub with a wire brush.

However, it's NOT CHEAP in NZ, $70NZ for 1 gallon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic