TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Engine Builder In Ontario

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC/Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Builder In Ontario
    Posted: Oct/26/2018 at 1:57pm
I'm in search of a reputable AMC engine builder in Ontario.  The first engine is a 390 that was rebuilt twice by the same company over the last 6 years and its never been right. So I would really like to get that engine sorted out once and for all.  The second engine is a virgin never been opened 1969 390 that needs a rebuild.  I really just want to make sure both these engines are done properly by someone with actual AMC  experience.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2018 at 7:40am
If you don't find someone closer, I know of a guy between Rochester and Buffalo, NY.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2018 at 3:52pm
Ontario is a big place... SC397 (Rick) here has a good reputation, in greater Detroit area iirc...
Also an AMC experienced Shop used to be in Wisconsin, but it's name evades me at the moment...
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2018 at 4:15pm
Isn't Ken Parkman in Ontario? That is where I would start. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
SC/Adam View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC/Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 3:17pm
Thanks all!  I live about an hour North of Toronto.  Its hard to believe I'd have to leave the country to find someone a reputable builder. LOL.  I will start with Ken Parkman, see if I can locate him in Ontario.  

Thanks again guys.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 3:50pm
If your an hour North of Toronto then you should have heard about the Northern Ramblers. I no most AMC owners in Ontario will have machining done by a reputable shop and then build it themselves.
I'm sure the club would have some advice if you contacted them:

brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 8:51pm
http://theamcforum.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=2319&FID=2

He just stopped in today. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
SC/Adam View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC/Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2018 at 3:15pm
Thank you all.  I'll post some pictures as I head down the restoration path on my sc rambler.

cheers! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic